just rejected by my 1st choice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm so sad. so sad.

Members don't see this ad.

ish happens man.
sometimes they don't know what they're missing out on. they're judging you on a few pieces of paper you turned in. no sweat about it my man, you move on, onto bigger and better things.

you conquer things and then you send them a letter saying, "you could have had this bitches!!!"

beep said:
i'm so sad. so sad.

that's what 1st choices are for. they reject us all. hehe.

don't worry. you'll get into your next no. 1 choice. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that, beep. :( Look at it this way. Just having an MD from the US is a great accomplishment. Just as an example, if you look at where some of the dept heads get their degrees, they're from no name med schools you barely heard of. Med school is only the beginning. We all learn the same stuff for the boards. There is a ton of stuff left to do that will make your medical career very rewarding.

awwwwwwww sorry man!!!!!! it stinks a million, take some time off and go through the feelings.....nothing wrong with feeling bad! good luck tho :luck:

beep said:
i'm so sad. so sad.
Use it as an incentive to kick ass in med school.

Or maybe you can use it as incentive to just kick someone's ass.

It sucks but keeping moving on!

shawty ya'head said:
you conquer things and then you send them a letter saying, "you could have had this bitches!!!"
:laugh:

Include that text in a bubble over a picture of Dave Chappelle with a stethescope photoshop'ed around his neck and it would be priceless.

Seriously, it sucks but if you had luck elsewhere you can find some joy in the fact that you will be a doctor and will also have the opportunity to go to that place for residency or fellowship later.

Heh my first cycle around I applied to 20 schools and got rejected by all of them - now THAT'S feeling sad! :laugh: But hey, here I am all done, and my first choice STILL rejected me, but I matched my number 2 residency, so if you really want it, keep on plugging at it :D

AF_PedsBoy said:
Heh my first cycle around I applied to 20 schools and got rejected by all of them - now THAT'S feeling sad! :laugh: But hey, here I am all done, and my first choice STILL accepted me, but I matched my number 2 residency, so if you really want it, keep on plugging at it :D

ouch I am sure the first round hurt the wallet more...

thanks for the pep talks.

Suck it up man! If you got rejected by your first choice but still accepted at another school, you are better off than a lot of applicants. The end result is the same, and the sun will still rise tomorrow.

I didn't really have a first choice-but my husband had a first and second based on proximity to his family (after 10 yrs abroad and 5 years still pretty far away). I was rejected from *both* the *same* day. He tried really hard to hide the fact that he was tearing up. I think I'm going where I need to be, if it wasn't where we thought it should be. it'll all work out...Hang in.