Feb 6, 2010
Alabama
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys, originally I never considered dental as I pursued public health despite growing up around and currently working for two orthodontists. Today, I'm sorting out plans for the DAT. I will be applying the next cycle with a relatively low gpa ~3.3 with my low grades in non-science courses. I'm planning to spend this upcoming winter break to prep and then take the DAT in late Jan/early Fed. I'm planning to buy the Blue Book, Top Score, and perhaps Math Destroyer [math is not my strength]. I should graduate in one year from now in microbiology and public health.

As a southeastern brah... I'm planning to apply to UAB [top choice] along with MCG, NOVA, LSU, and Baylor.. at least that's the list at this point.

Anyways, sup guys

OP
K
Feb 6, 2010
Alabama
Status
Pre-Dental
just finished studying down some molecular genetics... freakin aced my regular genetics test yesterday some Im soarin on an academic high at the moment

Aug 30, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
As a southeastern brah... I'm planning to apply to UAB [top choice] along with MCG, NOVA, LSU, and Baylor.. at least that's the list at this point.

Anyways, sup guys
What state are you a resident of? MCG takes only GA residents (so I wouldn't waste my money unless I was a GA resident) and I think the TX schools show preference to in-state students as well. Not sure of the numbers, but you can search the forum for past conversations regarding that. Good Luck this next year.

OP
K
Feb 6, 2010
Alabama
Status
Pre-Dental
What state are you a resident of? MCG takes only GA residents (so I wouldn't waste my money unless I was a GA resident) and I think the TX schools show preference to in-state students as well. Not sure of the numbers, but you can search the forum for past conversations regarding that. Good Luck this next year.
Thank you for the heads up on MCG. I'm an Alabama resident and UAB also gives preference to our residents so it will be my best shot. I have a feeling my gpa will becoming the limiting factor when it comes time to apply...

Lethstang

7+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2009
Status
Dentist
i wouldnt stress yo. ace your current science courses and inflate that science gpa and rape the dat.

i have 6 interviews this cycle with a 3.1 gpa (and like a 3.7ish sgpa that aasdas hasnt even seen...as far as d schools are concerned they see my 3.1 gpa and one semester of science. dat is heavily weighed imho). flesh out your app with some nice EC's and leadership experience and you will do just fine.

Remember, dentistry or any competitive field is a self selecting process. if you have the talent and motivation, you are bound to succeed.