Awesome Sauceome

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
In a pine tree
Status
Non-Student
So I just started an AACOMAS and Interfolio account. I have asked a DO to write me a letter, so now I am not sure what to tell him to do with it. Should I have him make an interfolio account and electronically send it to my account (which I guess is now linked with my AACOMAS account). If this is the case, does the letter still have to be on official letter head, be signed etc. Essentially would he have to scan it and submit it as a PDF?

OR should I have him snail mail it to Interfolio and then they will attach it to my account when they get it?

When it comes time to apply, I should have my school send my committee letter to my Interfolio account correct? Once those two things are on my Interfolio account, I cant literally just pick and choose which schools I want to send stuff to right?

***Sorry I recently made a thread similar to this, but now I have my stuff a little more together, this stuff is a bit more specific.

desdes

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2010
Alaska
Status
Pre-Medical
You can make a letter request and give him the paper directly or have it sent to his email I was told and you I was told to pick from the list it will say amcas or aacomas

mnsman

5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2012
Status
So I just started an AACOMAS and Interfolio account. I have asked a DO to write me a letter, so now I am not sure what to tell him to do with it. Should I have him make an interfolio account and electronically send it to my account (which I guess is now linked with my AACOMAS account). If this is the case, does the letter still have to be on official letter head, be signed etc. Essentially would he have to scan it and submit it as a PDF?

OR should I have him snail mail it to Interfolio and then they will attach it to my account when they get it?

When it comes time to apply, I should have my school send my committee letter to my Interfolio account correct? Once those two things are on my Interfolio account, I cant literally just pick and choose which schools I want to send stuff to right?

***Sorry I recently made a thread similar to this, but now I have my stuff a little more together, this stuff is a bit more specific.
He can sent it to them in any format he wants, PDF, Word, official letter head, though the two former is much quicker. He just has to make an account and you give him the request information generated by interfolio.

Send everything to interfolio. Yes you can pick and choose what to send to schools if I remember correctly.

OP
Awesome Sauceome

Awesome Sauceome

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
In a pine tree
Status
Non-Student
So he would have to make an interfolio account? There is no way around that?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

OP
Awesome Sauceome

Awesome Sauceome

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
In a pine tree
Status
Non-Student
He is a wicked busy dude, I already feel bad enough taking his time for the letter, let alone asking him to sign up and stuff online. Part of me is more tempted to have him snail mail it to interfolio. Is that possible?

CrypticMind

5+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
You never know, maybe he already has an Interfolio account. I suggest asking him what works best for him.

Reactions: Fedxup

Fedxup

5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
Status
Medical Student
He is a wicked busy dude, I already feel bad enough taking his time for the letter, let alone asking him to sign up and stuff online. Part of me is more tempted to have him snail mail it to interfolio. Is that possible?

Yes. You can have him snail mail it to interfolio.

OP
Awesome Sauceome

Awesome Sauceome

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
In a pine tree
Status
Non-Student
Sounds good, I'll definitely ask. Thanks a bunch everybody

OP
Awesome Sauceome

Awesome Sauceome

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
In a pine tree
Status
Non-Student
Not to bump this up again, but I am looking at the interfolio stuff again since I am hoping to tell the guy who is writing my letter what to do by the end of today. So it IS possible that one could send a letter through email and not have an interfolio account? Like I could just send him the email request thing and he could send the letter via email to interfolio and it would be 100% legit even though its an email, its not a hard copy, not signed etc.?

Aug 18, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
He doesn't need an account. You can send a request to his email via interfolio. It will send him a link to upload the letter. Some schools require it to be on official letter head and be signed, it will save you from the trouble later if you just tell him this up front. He would have to scan it and upload it. This is "100% legit". The other option is for him to snail mail it to interfolio.

rainbow girl

5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
You said that your school will send your committee letter, ask your pre-health advisor if he/she can include the DO letter. Mine did. I just email him the list of schools I apply to and he sends out the whole package for me

csx

May 8, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
stupid question and I think I already know the answer to it, but do you need a AACOMAS account before the letter writer can upload their LOR to IF? Or will this lead to complications further down the road? My apologies, not really familiar with the whole LOR thingy :/

JDMcNugent

5+ Year Member
May 5, 2013
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
stupid question and I think I already know the answer to it, but do you need a AACOMAS account before the letter writer can upload their LOR to IF? Or will this lead to complications further down the road? My apologies, not really familiar with the whole LOR thingy :/
It would certainly help to have an interfolio account first. When you deliver your letters via interfolio, you have the option to attach your AACOMAS id which can help the school properly match up your letters with your file.