just started studying the DAT, what to buy and not to buy !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barcelony10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

so im taking the real DAT in a month or 7 weeks, i started studying with the kaplan course but its so confusing !! the class is 3 hours and whenever i do the homework its so different than the actual class material.
so i have the new 2011 kaplan review notes with it 1000+ pages, so much details.
so my science sections, what do you recommend for LEARNING the material not practicing, i know DAT destroyer is for practicing, but i need to learn the science material needed for the exam, so what do you recommend?

for the PAT and math QR sections, what do you also recommend for leanring the material and also for practicing.

wish me luck guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys,

so im taking the real DAT in a month or 7 weeks, i started studying with the kaplan course but its so confusing !! the class is 3 hours and whenever i do the homework its so different than the actual class material.
so i have the new 2011 kaplan review notes with it 1000+ pages, so much details.
so my science sections, what do you recommend for LEARNING the material not practicing, i know DAT destroyer is for practicing, but i need to learn the science material needed for the exam, so what do you recommend?

for the PAT and math QR sections, what do you also recommend for leanring the material and also for practicing.

wish me luck guys.

how strong is your science background? there are lots of gaps within the bio section of kaplan, so you might want to supplement with cliffs, and use chad's vids. to gain a better understanding for ochem and gchem. As for QR, go through all the kaplan stuff, then do math destroyer. For PAT, CrackDatPat is a must. Depending on your science and math background, you may be able to do all of that in 7 weeks, but if you already think that there is too much detail with the kaplan material, I would reschedule the DAT accordingly