• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Just starting my pre med track after graduating from NYU.... do i even have a chance :o

DoIGoOrNo

Jul 7, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all, first time poster her. I graduated from a big name university this fall with a 3.05 GPA and a BA in Psych. I was a and student largely because i never knew how to study and was just so lost on what i wanted to pursue. Long story shot, i decided to pursue medicine and hopefully enroll in a DO program. I am now taking the pre requisites at my local college and am doing well. I have gotten an A in my first course and am currently taking my second chem class (chem 2). I will also point out that my last semester at nyu i had a 3.95 gpa and the semester before i had a 3.65.

I am giving it my all right now, i plan to finish my pre reqs by next fall and aim to scribe all of next year. If i can pull of a 504+ mcat and a sGPA of 3.6-3.8 what are my chances of landing in a DO program. PS i am hispanic, i am not sure how much of a factor that plays.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.