Just Submitted AMCAS, Have a ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarolinaGirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who had already turned in all your transcripts did you get the message saying your app would be verified once your transcripts had been submitted? They have had my transcripts for about two weeks now but that is what I saw in the email and message on the homepage. I think it is just a general message but wanted to check and see what others had seen....

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who had already turned in all your transcripts did you get the message saying your app would be verified once your transcripts had been submitted? They have had my transcripts for about two weeks now but that is what I saw in the email and message on the homepage. I think it is just a general message but wanted to check and see what others had seen....

Yeah, that happened to me last year. It corrected itself in a day or two. It must be the default message when you submit. It's nothing to worry about it.

Thanks I just wanted to make sure I did not have to worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted, it gave me that message. I logged off for about 8 minutes, logged back in, and it gave me a "ready for review" message, which stated that my app is now in line to be reviewed by an AMCAS verifier. So it is indeed just a default message.

I didn't like the message at the login screen, though, "Submitted AMCAS applications will begin to transmit to the medical schools on or about June 21st, 2007." Why so long for people like us? I'm sure they could get some out by next week.

I would like to get all the app stuff done ASAP!

I submitted, it gave me that message. I logged off for about 8 minutes, logged back in, and it gave me a "ready for review" message, which stated that my app is now in line to be reviewed by an AMCAS verifier. So it is indeed just a default message.

I didn't like the message at the login screen, though, "Submitted AMCAS applications will begin to transmit to the medical schools on or about June 21st, 2007." Why so long for people like us? I'm sure they could get some out by next week.

I would like to get all the app stuff done ASAP!

Yeah, I don't know why it says it'll take a minimum of just over two weeks from right now either. Perhaps they just don't want anyone bugging them in a week asking why they haven't been verified yet. Was it like that last year?

Yeah, possibly. I don't know about last year, but this reminds me of their stated verification/processing information, where it says it will take 4-6 weeks to verify the application.

On SDN, a really large amount of people got there's verified in 5-10 days, yet AMCAS won't say "it will take somewhere between 1-6 weeks", they keep it at 4-6 weeks, even though that's not true. Probably just to have a little peace & quiet.

It takes them a very long time to sort through things, especially at the beginning when a tidal wave of applications arrive. Your transcripts are probably sitting in an office somewhere waiting for someone who has lukewarm feelings about his job to add it to the system.