Just Submitted my AMCAS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, now I feel behind! But ah that's what SDN is for.

Congrats! I submitted mine during the first couple days as well last year. The sooner the better, but just make sure you've thoroughly proofread the entire thing. I've seen some embarrassing mistakes on AMCAS apps that could've been easily avoided.

*sniff* It's so sentimental to watch another app cycle begin. *sniff*

congrats so far!!! As a veteran of the amcas game, I wish you lots of luck. :)

Let me borrow this thread for a hot minute - AMCAS tells me that "the number of MCATs taken doesn't match" or something like that when I audit. I took April 2004; AMCAS hasn't "recognized it" yet, or so I hypothesize.

What's the dilly?

dc

Damn I feel behind too. I still need to finish up the personal statement and extracurriculars. I told me self I'd wait for my mcat score before I submit, so I guess I have 2 weeks still. Congrats though on the early submission, I'm sure lots of 2ndaries will be headed your way in the near future. When would most people say the latest time for early AMCAS submission is (end of June, mid July)?

bigdan said:
Let me borrow this thread for a hot minute - AMCAS tells me that "the number of MCATs taken doesn't match" or something like that when I audit. I took April 2004; AMCAS hasn't "recognized it" yet, or so I hypothesize.

What's the dilly?

dc
Yeah, when your scores come in a few weeks, this error will go away by itself. The same thing happened last year too.

I submitted mine too. I had it finished and didnt really believe they would have it available to submit when they said. Thats a first.

Best of luck to us and let the app Roll

PMED99 said:
I submitted mine too. I had it finished and didnt really believe they would have it available to submit when they said. Thats a first.

Best of luck to us and let the app Roll

Good for you. I am going to wait till the scores come out. That will give me enough time to properly revise my PS

Good luck everyone, I'm all in :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just submitted! It is only 10:30 on June 1 here. :)

bigdan said:

What's the dilly?

dc

bigdan,

I took the MCAT last August (2003) and my amcas audit gives a warning to my MCAT score; says something like "MCAT is blank." But my score comes out fine in the print preview window so I assume it is ok. Anyone else have an idea?

Ugh I feel so behind. Darn it. Well, good job brats800

hamhamfan said:
Ugh I feel so behind. Darn it. Well, good job brats800

I got mine in too!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin:

I too am lagging behind. I hope to get it in by the end of June. :cool:

Congrats to those to turned them in. Always good to be way ahead of the game :thumbup: :D

Waiting for a transcript from my freshman year school to arrive and waiting to proofread my PS. Man, and I thought I was ahead of the game!

Best of luck everyone!

Oh, Big Dan. I get the same MCAT message. Took the MCAT this April, so hopefully, once those scores are in, that message will disappear. As long as its a Warning message and not an Error message, your app will go thorough without any worries. :thumbup:

Ughh!

As with life, before one cycle comes to an end, the next begins...

Good luck you guys.

pbehzad said:
Damn I feel behind too. I still need to finish up the personal statement and extracurriculars. I told me self I'd wait for my mcat score before I submit, so I guess I have 2 weeks still. Congrats though on the early submission, I'm sure lots of 2ndaries will be headed your way in the near future. When would most people say the latest time for early AMCAS submission is (end of June, mid July)?

I submitted early July and wasn't verified until late August.

bigdan said:

What's the dilly?

dc

Hey dc
it means they haven't entered your your/released your APril 2004 score into the system...question: is anyone getting this error?
"92 WARNING Standardized Tests MCAT / Other Test information blank "

Just wondering..

LR

Yeah. Just ignore that warning. Everyone should get it unless you entered some GRE, GMAT, or LSAT scores.

Someone get this straight for me please. Can I submit my AMCAS today, before my scores for april MCAT come out?

I guess these Adcoms never rest. We are in the heart of waitlist movement season and they are already starting to be bombarded with AMCAS for the next application cycle. Now if only they would do their job and pull me off a waitlist so they can get to their other work.

Termwean said:
Someone get this straight for me please. Can I submit my AMCAS today, before my scores for april MCAT come out?

Yes [minimum word count]

hey good luck to you all!!!! now all you have to do is be patient. :clap: :clap:

I just pressed the button, and no balloons and confetti like I hoped! I know we have to be verified and get secondaries, but is anyone sending their LORs anytime soon? The premed office might take some time off this summer and I don't want to lose that time.

this might be a stupid questions, but did you have to pay the fee at the time that you submitted?

Relax everyone! If you submit anytime in June, you will be early!

wends said:
this might be a stupid questions, but did you have to pay the fee at the time that you submitted?

Yes, by major credit card or online check (additional fees apply to the latter).

Eraserhead said:
Relax everyone! If you submit anytime in June, you will be early!
Seriously. Last year I submitted a couple of days after my April MCAT scores came out, and AMCAS verified my application within two or three days of the first verification day. Just be sure to get all of your transcripts in ahead of time.

Bendrix said:
Seriously. Last year I submitted a couple of days after my April MCAT scores came out, and AMCAS verified my application within two or three days of the first verification day. Just be sure to get all of your transcripts in ahead of time.

What do you mean by "first verification day"? I've heard that AAMC waits for a certain date to being verification, but other people say that they got secondaries so quickly that they didn't think AAMC waited for anything before submitting something to the school.

MoosePilot said:
What do you mean by "first verification day"? I've heard that AAMC waits for a certain date to being verification, but other people say that they got secondaries so quickly that they didn't think AAMC waited for anything before submitting something to the school.
I can't speak to other people's experiences, but I certainly didn't receive any communication from any med school until AMCAS sent me an email confirming that my application had been processed and verified. Last year the AMCAS website announced that the verification and distribution of applications would begin on a specific day, I believe that it was in early July. My application--submitted in late June--was verified and distributed two or three days after this announced "first verification day."

The point is, if you submit any time in June, you're ahead of the game. Don't get intimidated by people who have already submitted. But while you're waiting for MCAT scores to come out, poke around on med schools' websites to see if you can find their secondaries, and figure out what you can do right now. The important date isn't when your AMCAS is submitted, it's when your full application is complete -- AMCAS, secondary, committee packet and MCAT scores.

Ack! I just submitted that thing.... I hope that none of the rumors of AMCAS bugs are true. :eek: Anyways, its done and in I guess. Good luck to everyone.

i just submitted today too, good luck everyone! i'm excited to hear everyone's news in july and aug about secondaries! :thumbup: :luck:

MoosePilot said:
Good luck everyone, I'm all in :)

Just got word that my AMCAS had processed. Took roughly 5 days from submission.

MoosePilot said:
Just got word that my AMCAS had processed. Took roughly 5 days from submission.

Are you serious? That is an incredibly brief turnaround time.

Fusion said:
Are you serious? That is an incredibly brief turnaround time.

Yep. They had my transcripts and my old MCAT scores several weeks ago. Once they got my app they must have gone straight to work. They even made a few minor corrections to my grades (changed my transcripts' "S" grades to "P").