Just submitted secondaries but just got published

studentdr12

5+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2016
    Today I found out I got published as a co-author on a paper my PI submitted in undergrad. I have recently submitted some secondaries and completely forgot about this paper. When would be a good time to update schools on this? Also, would this be enough for some schools to give me intereviews?

Last edited:
    Reactions: 1 user

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
    10+ Year Member
    Gold Member
    Jul 26, 2009
    The Big Bad Apple
    1. Non-Student
      When would be a good time to update schools on this?
      Some schools dont want or accept updates
      Also, would this be enough for some schools to give me intereviews?
      This by itself will have little impact on you II chances. It matters how the rest of your application is

DameJulie

5+ Year Member
      Apr 23, 2016
      1. Medical Student
        I had a similar situation, and out of all the schools I applied to only 1 or 2 took it as a "I will notate on your application, but cannot guarantee the reviewers will see them."

Most schools accept post-interview updates though. Or better yet, tell them about your publication during the interview.

Also, would this be enough for some schools to give me intereviews?
        Unfortunately, likely not. From many SDN posts that asked similar questions, a research publication is only helpful when the rest of your application package is stellar too. Having/lacking a pub won't be the game changer in MD admission.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.