Just Submitted, What can I do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ubercharge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just submitted my primary to 15 lower-tier schools (28 MCAT, 3.8 GPA). Now awaiting verification. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to help the process along? Are there any common secondary essay questions that I can begin to work on?

I know I'm applying late with not-so-amazing stats, but I have to try. So any suggestions on how to get the secondaries out faster will help. Also, how does submission of secondaries effect your "position" in the rolling admissions process? Thanks SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Just submitted my primary to 15 lower-tier schools (28 MCAT, 3.8 GPA). Now awaiting verification. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to help the process along? Are there any common secondary essay questions that I can begin to work on?

I know I'm applying late with not-so-amazing stats, but I have to try. So any suggestions on how to get the secondaries out faster will help. Also, how does submission of secondaries effect your "position" in the rolling admissions process? Thanks SDN

Go to the school-specific threads for this year's application cycle. In them, you will find the prompts for every secondary. Definitely get as many of the essays done as you can while you wait for verification.

The general consensus is that earlier = better in secondary submissions.

Go to the school-specific subforum. Find your schools. The first post usually has the prompts for the secondaries. If not, skim through the thread until you find it/them.

Once you've got the prompt/s, start writing them now. Then as soon as schools want them, hopefully you'll have them (this is called a "quick turn-around").

As far as I know, you're considered "complete" at a school when they have your primary, secondary + fee, and LORs. So the sooner you get your secondaries done, the better. If you don't have your LORs yet, remind your writers.

Good luck.