Just submitted!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teenmachinery1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, yeah so i'm a little late. I just finished submitting but I only designated one school, USC.

I believe I'm a strong 30n 3.5 and I got waitlisted at USC in 2006. Since then, I've been drinking copious amounts of liquor when I'm not shooting up heroine in the bar bathroom. (this is a joke).

What other schools should I apply to? I'm looking to apply to like 20-30 or so.

thanks! And anyone else in my boat - submitting in early august?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of applicants are submitting in August (dunno about on SDN tho). You're gonna have to explain what you've been doing the past 3 years. Your MCAT looks like its about to expire so you wanna check the latest MCAT test date the med schools accept.

A lot of applicants are submitting in August (dunno about on SDN tho). You're gonna have to explain what you've been doing the past 3 years. Your MCAT looks like its about to expire so you wanna check the latest MCAT test date the med schools accept.

Nah. Retook in may bc of expiration date. I just realized something though.. I did some junior college during high school and i listed it as such on my app. But how do they know? Is it on the jr college trancript i sent them?

Oh, and anyone think i should apply to the new schools? Especially the one in florida?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, yeah so i'm a little late. I just finished submitting but I only designated one school, USC.

I believe I'm a strong 30n 3.5 and I got waitlisted at USC in 2006. Since then, I've been drinking copious amounts of liquor when I'm not shooting up heroine in the bar bathroom. (this is a joke).

What other schools should I apply to? I'm looking to apply to like 20-30 or so.

thanks! And anyone else in my boat - submitting in early august?

You're going to have a tough time with a 30N / 3.5...believe it or not. Are you a CA resident? Because both of FL's new schools are public and prefer state residents.

with a 30, 3.5, shoot for low/mid tier schools...nymc, drexel, tulane, evms, albany, vcu, gwu, loyola, rush, rfu...obviously these are only some, but they are the ones i came up with from memory (and some will disagree with my choices, but just what i've heard...)

as for the florida schools, most are heavily instate (uf, fsu, usf)...i imagine fiu/ucf are msotly instate as well, but im not positive...

also, if you are urm, howard, meharry, morehouse...good luck

Way to burst my bubbles guys! I don't think it's going to be too difficult to get in. Most people get in with a 30 than not.

The new school in Florida is private right?

Oh, and i got waitlisted at USC with a 27 (8v,9b,10pM) so this time it should be easier. At least in the low-mid tier schools. Right?

Way to burst my bubbles guys! I don't think it's going to be too difficult to get in. Most people get in with a 30 than not.

The new school in Florida is private right?

Oh, and i got waitlisted at USC with a 27 (8v,9b,10pM) so this time it should be easier. At least in the low-mid tier schools. Right?

No, the TWO new schools in Florida are PUBLIC. I live in FL, trust me. UCF's first year class was roughly 80% IN STATE. FIU is probably even higher.

You sound pretty misinformed.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, it's not 2006 anymore. It's 2009 - year of the worst economy in decades, the worst job market in decades, and the most competitive graduate school application processes ever.