Just to let everyone know..

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jordews, Jul 24, 2001.

1. jordews

jordews Senior Member

I just checked my AMCAS application, and my MCAT scores now show up in the printout. I didn't submit my application until July 11th, so I'm pretty far behind most of you, but I guess this means that they are moving up the line. Also, when I took the MCAT I didn't release my scores, and I had to mail in a little card to do so. So this means that they have received my score release authorization and also have done something with my app. Hey, it makes me happy. This is the first sign of life I've seen from AMCAS in a long time. Hopefully things will just keep getting better. Good luck all.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. merlin

merlin Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Have you recieved any word from any of the schools you applied to? Any secondaries? Just curious. Thanks

4. jordews

jordews Senior Member

Bluefish,
    Naw, no word from any of the schools i'm applying to yet. Some of my schools have online secondaries, so I guess I could start filling those out, but I havent received any emails, or any letter mail saying that they have my name or anything. Have you? When did you submit if you have?

5. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I just checked mine too and my MCAT scores are now there. They weren't there yesterday. I also have dates for submission/certification.

Pam

6. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned
    Banned

spacecadet and jordews,

Is your MCAT bio score listed? My MCATs have been on the printout for awhile now but the bio score is missing. I've heard of others who were missing other scores. Are your complete MCATs listed on the printout?

I think the MCAT score listing indicates that your app is about to be processed. At least thats what happened with me. Good luck, hopefully you will get that new "Change Notification Process" button on your apps soon.

7. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    As of this morning my MCAT scores are now appearing on my application along with my writing essay score.

Alas the scores are the correct ones so I still have to take the August MCAT. Rats, I was hoping AMCAS would give me a present and change my scores to better ones. :D

A death in my family the week of the MCAT really affected my performance. I can't wait till August 18th is over. Then I can finally say goodbye to Physics. :D :D

8. jordews

jordews Senior Member

Hey baylor,
    Yah all my scores are listed. I'm taking the mcat over in august because i had a low verbal score, so I kinda wish that one wasnt up there, its an eyesore! :( Hopefully they are starting to process mine now too. I only sent my transcript in a little over a week ago, and I emailed them, and tried calling them to see if theyve gotten them, but I havent heard anything.

9. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned
    Banned

OK, I just checked my printout and the bio score (along with the others) was listed.

Still no transmittal dates next to the schools however :(

10. merlin

merlin Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    jordews, I submitted the same day you did and have not heard anything either. I'm glad to hear that something isn't screwed up with my app. Thanks.

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

Wow, today's a good day at AMCAS. My scores are suddenly up too--thanks for alerting me to check. No processing date yet. I submitted on July 10 (actually before that, but I had to add something . ..) Anybody know what "series" means on the MCAT? Is that what test you took? Does everybody's that took it a year ago August say "20"?

12. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    Mine says series 21. I took the MCAT in April 2001.

13. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician

Attending Physician
    Looking back at my scores, the even numbered ones are August's test. My first one was series 8 in Aug, 1994, which would make series number 1 April, 1991's test which is when they changed the format? Anyone know?

Andrew

14. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    Yep, my scores are up too!

15. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member

For those that would like to change their MCAT scores, this is what you do. Once your printed app is open, go to view then source in your web browser. This brings up all the html source code. Simply scroll down to where your scores are, change them to whatever you wish and then make sure to save the file with the .html extension. Now open the file that you just saved with your browser. On a related note, my new MCAT score is a 39! 13's all across. Granted, you could never get away with this cause the original scores would still be transmitted to medical schools. However, I believe the facility with which the printout can be tampered will keep med schools from taking the printed AMCAS apps too seriously. Before I get flamed, I'd just like to say in no way do I advocate doing this. Trying this is a surefire way to ensure that you will never go to med school in this country. later

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!

Mine says 20, and I took the MCAT last August. Later.

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

Good to know AAMC is so organized and logical about something (i.e. numbering the tests . . .) . . .we just need the AMCAS people to catch on now . . .

19. 12R34Y

Attending Physician
    I now have my MCAT scores on my application also. I submitted in early July. No processing date yet either.

My test series say 21 and I took April '01

later