Just Took AAMC FL #1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RocuROMANium

Anti-woke progressive
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored a 510 (127/124/130/129) thanks to that brutal CARS section. I'm usually scoring between a 126-127 on CARS but I got my ass totally kicked on this FL. Anyways, I'm disappointed but not totally alarmed by a 510. My real exam date is 06/28 and I want to maximize my score to the best that I can.

What is the best way to do that in 3 weeks? For CARS, I have approximately 2-3 CARS passages left of the AAMC material that I have not read before. I know to be weary of 3rd party CARS material but I don't know what else I can practice with. Any advice is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest you improve your C/P, since it’s relatively easier to gain more points than CARS. For CARS, the best thing you can do is find what type of questions you’re getting wrong and memorize the AAMC logic/explanation everyday to prime your brain until test day. I started with a 512 on my first FL then ended with a 520 on FL4 and on the actual test. Don’t be discouraged if you didn’t reach your desired score on the first FL. There’s definitely room for more improvement.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea same, the AAMC FL1 is pretty low-scoring compared to the real deal. Like JKS above, I got a 512 on it then a 517 real deal so don't be quite so discouraged.

Reactions: 1 user