Just took AAMC FL1 509(uneven)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

77deuce

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My score was 509(130/123(yikes!)/129/127)

CARS makes me sad. It's either hit or miss with some passages. My scores haven't really gone up for CARS, but I am feeling more comfortable with the passages if that matters.
I'm happy with my score total.

Over the past 4-5 months my NS scores have been:
NS1 503 (126/123/126/128)
NS2 501 125/123/126/127)
NS3 504 (125/125/126/128)
NS 4 504 (127/123/126/128)

Tl;dr Would it be that bad if I got this exact score on my actual MCAT? Doesn't look like my CARS is gonna budge.

EDIT: It will budge. I have a few weeks left and I will make it budge!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
123 in CARS isn't the end of the world. Some schools pre-screen at 125 though, so you'll want to do some research before applying.

123 in CARS isn't the end of the world. Some schools pre-screen at 125 though, so you'll want to do some research before applying.

Thanks for the info!

To everyone out there, did you find the first few passages in FL1 to be the easiest in that section?

I tried a specific strategy for the first few passages and did very well on them. I'm not sure if my performance in that section tapered off because the difficulty increased or because I changed my strategy mid way. Please do tell.

Have you tried KoalaT's strategy for CARS? That really helped me screen out 2 incorrect answers before deciding which answer aligns with the passage the most.

Have you tried KoalaT's strategy for CARS? That really helped me screen out 2 incorrect answers before deciding which answer aligns with the passage the most.
I'll check it out.
I kinda do that already. But in order to do that you need to know which answers are wrong XD. That is not a problem for me on the easier passages. I need to buckle down and get the main point of some of the slightly more convoluted passages. Comprehension in a reasonable time-frame will be my primary focus. Once I understand what the author is getting at, the questions aren't too bad.

Guess i better start reading more dense passages!

Thanks btw :)