Just took DAT. 20AA 20TS ....Should I retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raw23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is what I scored.

22 PAT
21 QR
2o RC
21 Bio
20 GC
20 OC

20AA, 20TS

My cGPA=3.7 and sGPA=3.8

Should I retake DAT based on what I scored?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome scores. I don't know where you wanna apply, but you have great gpa, and your Dat is good enough, sort of above average. It all depends on which school you gonna apply to, and how selective they are. Try to write a very good Personal statement and make sure you have an adequate amount of shadowing and volunteering hours.
Best of luck. At the end of the day, if you are applying to top selective schools, you know what they want, and it's up to you too.

Here is what I scored.

22 PAT
21 QR
2o RC
21 Bio
20 GC
20 OC

20AA, 20TS

My cGPA=3.7 and sGPA=3.8

def do not retake you should be good to go. let me know if you have any questions regarding applying

Reactions: 1 users
Awesome scores. I don't know where you wanna apply, but you have great gpa, and your Dat is good enough, sort of above average. It all depends on which school you gonna apply to, and how selective they are. Try to write a very good Personal statement and make sure you have an adequate amount of shadowing and volunteering hours.
Best of luck. At the end of the day, if you are applying to top selective schools, you know what they want, and it's up to you too.

I align with you. I am a bit less confident because I scored just a little above average. Plus, the majority of posts on people's DAT scores nowadays show 23+ AA and TS, so this makes me think to retake to fit into the group of competitive score. I have all three Texas schools on my list since I live here. Besides, I just started to look into out of state schools. Do you have any suggestions on that?
I believe I have adequate hours of shadowing and volunteering. I have BS in Chemistry with Biochem concentration (2015). While in school, I volunteered in a PhD level chemical research project for about 2 year and currently working on a paper for publication. I also volunteered as a TA for organic chemistry after my professor offered me. I tutored senior level science courses. After graduation, I have been working as a Research Associate at a chemical company and shadowing a dentist.

So, I have been out of school for almost 2 years now which might hurt my chances to get accepted. What do you think?

And btw thanks for your time.

Reactions: 1 user
def do not retake you should be good to go. let me know if you have any questions regarding applying
Thanks! Getting DAT out of the way was a relief although my scores aren't so great compared to many others who have been scoring higher at least from what I see on people's posts here on their DAT scores. But I'll take your suggestion and move onto applying. Thanks again.

I align with you. I am a bit less confident because I scored just a little above average. Plus, the majority of posts on people's DAT scores nowadays show 23+ AA and TS, so this makes me think to retake to fit into the group of competitive score. I have all three Texas schools on my list since I live here. Besides, I just started to look into out of state schools. Do you have any suggestions on that?
I believe I have adequate hours of shadowing and volunteering. I have BS in Chemistry with Biochem concentration (2015). While in school, I volunteered in a PhD level chemical research project for about 2 year and currently working on a paper for publication. I also volunteered as a TA for organic chemistry after my professor offered me. I tutored senior level science courses. After graduation, I have been working as a Research Associate at a chemical company and shadowing a dentist.

So, I have been out of school for almost 2 years now which might hurt my chances to get accepted. What do you think?

And btw thanks for your time.

You are doing great, all of the information you gave us make me feel confident that you will get accepted at a good school.
You had gap years, but they were not wasted, they were well spent on research and science!

Definitely, apply as soon as you can! ( but make sure to apply to at least 10 schools!)

Best of luck!

You are doing great, all of the information you gave us make me feel confident that you will get accepted at a good school.
You had gap years, but they were not wasted, they were well spent on research and science!

Definitely, apply as soon as you can! ( but make sure to apply to at least 10 schools!)

Best of luck!
Thank you so much! I will certainly take your advice on applying to several schools.

Here is what I scored.

22 PAT
21 QR
2o RC
21 Bio
20 GC
20 OC

20AA, 20TS

My cGPA=3.7 and sGPA=3.8

Those are solid scores! I wouldn't rewrite since it's alot of work preparing for the DAT that could have been better spent upgrading your application.