Just took DAT!!! (7/1/2014). I'm so depressed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denroh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
my scores are:

PAT: 24
QR: 19
RC: 15
Bio: 22
GC: 28
OC: 29
TS: 25
AA: 23

English is my 3rd language. I started learning English 3 years ago. I don't think I can improve RC in 2 years. My GPA is a 3.9 overall/sci. Do you think I have a shot for this cycle, if I apply more than 20 schools? I'm really confused :(

Members don't see this ad.

my scores are:

PAT: 24
QR: 19
RC: 15
Bio: 22
GC: 28
OC: 29
TS: 25
AA: 23

English is my 3rd language. I started learning English 3 years ago. I don't think I can improve RC in 2 years. My GPA is a 3.9 overall/sci. Do you think I have a shot for this cycle, if I apply more than 20 schools? I'm really confused :(

Yes, you should apply, as many as you want, 1, 2, or all of them.

You excelled in all categories but one.
As English as your most recent language, within 2 years, 15 is very acceptable, especially if natural born Americans sometimes get this score.

If I was part of admissions, I would be very interested in meeting you.

Posted using SDN Mobile

How was the biology section?

Any plant questions?

What do you wish you studied less of and what should you have studied more of?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
A 3.9 GPA with a 23 AA, 25 TS and 24 PAT is impressive. I wouldn't worry about the 15. Just be sure to address somewhere in your app that English is not your native language. Great job

Thank you all for giving me hope. I love you guys.

Bio was not bad. Most of the questions are too obvious I just clicked the answer in 10 seconds. And there's 2-3 application questions. There's 1-2 vague questions. There's 2-3 in depth questions. At least all informations are touched by either destroyer or Feralis' notes. Questions are well spread out in all area, except plant. There's no plant question in my exam.

Gen Chem was really basic and general questions. I think Bootcamp is the best for chemistry. Same goes with OChem. Destroyer is time consuming and not that high-yield. And be ready for lab questions.

Denroh you got any tips for HNMR? I just can't figure out the singlet doublet triplet etc stuff. Watched chad and still don't get it. How do you go about it?

DAT Gen chem is really really basic, seriously. Singlet/doublet is too complicate to show up in DAT. But you have to know how to count the total signals while you look at the structure.

My reading passage was short like 10-15 paragraphs. One dense physics and one earth science and one biology passages. At first I just read passage but I was like what the heck did I just read!!! It was really hard to understand. I felt like it was harder than Acheiver. So I change to S&D for the rest passages. When I first try to do practice test, it took me 48 minutes to finish ONE PASSAGE. I'm snail when it comes to reading. You should be fine if you can finish one passage in 20 minutes.