JUST TOOK DAT...what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joobs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PAT: 21
QR: 21
RC: 15
BIO: 25
G Chem: 19
O CHem: 21
Total Science: 21
Academic Avg: 20

Overall GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.5

B.A Biology

.........im applying next year. What do you guys think of my chances. All your feedback, knowledge, opinions are appreciated. Thank you so much.

Joobin

Members don't see this ad.

should i retake the dat???

WOW. Here we go again. Another person with 21/20 and a 3.8 asking if they will be admitted. Joobs you should definety retake it because you won;t get in with a 21/20. You have to have at least a 22. lol

You'll get into a lot of schools. dont worry!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
definitly retake it. try to get at least a 25 on all sections and you'll be golden.

Dentist 2 be said:
WOW. Here we go again. Another person with 21/20 and a 3.8 asking if they will be admitted. Joobs you should definety retake it because you won;t get in with a 21/20. You have to have at least a 22. lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Your scores are great, but your RC is low, some schools have a minimum score of 16, But they may overlook it since the other score are good. You may want to call and ask.

That is if you can read the numbers on the phone dial. :)

:laugh:
hahahahahahaa.... you need to retake them and get a 30!

(dude seriously are you asking us if you have a shot? you need to do your research... you are a shoe in... the only school you might have difficulty getting into is harvard)

Thank you guys so much for the confidence... and the laughs (i think)... lol but ya i was juss kinda puzzled by the 15 in reading but I will just hope for the best.

joobs said:
Thank you guys so much for the confidence... and the laughs (i think)... lol but ya i was juss kinda puzzled by the 15 in reading but I will just hope for the best.

any advice for pat and bio for the dat? :D

dentist_to_be? said:
:laugh:
hahahahahahaa.... you need to retake them and get a 30!

(dude seriously are you asking us if you have a shot? you need to do your research... you are a shoe in... the only school you might have difficulty getting into is harvard)

.. i don't think harvard SDM is all that great. i heard their curric is based on PBL.. just the name harvard makes people think otherwise.

joobs, i think you'll have a shot at harvard.. but don't just go because of the name. :smuggrin:

ya...for the PAT it sounds like a drag but the more you practice the easier it gets. I took kaplan and kept trying to apply the techniques. Use their techniques until u really understand them and your garaunteed to do fine. By the end of the subject tests i was good to go. For Bio... Know photosynthesis and respiration like the back of your hand and read the review notes. Focus and note take and draw what u dont know. Just skim over what you do know. The bio questions on the actual DAT are not detailed...theyre broad in scope. Usually you do better on the actaul Dat in the science portion, but a couple points lower on the PAT. Dont ask me for reading tips b/c i thought i had it down but apparently not. Good luck and try your hardest!

nice teeth...thanks :)

joobs said:
PAT: 21
QR: 21
RC: 15
BIO: 25
G Chem: 19
O CHem: 21
Total Science: 21
Academic Avg: 20

Overall GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.5

B.A Biology

.........im applying next year. What do you guys think of my chances. All your feedback, knowledge, opinions are appreciated. Thank you so much.

Joobin

blah blah blah, same question everyone asks. the only way you will find out is when you hear back from the schools. anything in life has a 50/50 chance of happening. either it will, or it wont. youll get in somewhere, if not this year (coz youre late) then next year. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
15 on RC.... on the interview, many school will ask you about it. You should prepare very good reason about that. I took DAT only once, and Mine was low on RC. on my interview, they asked me about it.
answer:
Retake DAT and get higher score on RC.
Then, more than likely, you will get accepted any school you want.
Good luck.

You did really well on the DAT... but you sucked it up on the RC. That's what I did. Do it again for the RC if you don't get in. It shoudn't be that hard for you, considdering you other scores. Good luck.

-Deebog

I wouldn't retake the tests, unless your dream school requires a minimum DAT score of 16 for every category (I think a few schools do.)

bioshawn said:
15 on RC.... on the interview, many school will ask you about it. You should prepare very good reason about that. I took DAT only once, and Mine was low on RC. on my interview, they asked me about it.
answer:
Retake DAT and get higher score on RC.
Then, more than likely, you will get accepted any school you want.
Good luck.

Here I have prepared a statement for you as to why your RC is soooooooo low when they ask you in the interview.

Dear sirs, I did not do well on the RC part because I am not very smart and because I went to a community college. The end.

HONESTY is always the best alternative! :laugh:

vertical bite said:
Here I have prepared a statement for you as to why your RC is soooooooo low when they ask you in the interview.

Dear sirs, I did not do well on the RC part because I am not very smart and because I went to a community college. The end.

HONESTY is always the best alternative! :laugh:

You are the biggest loser I've come across in this website and I've been around for a long time. You think you are all that but in the end you nothing but a low-life loser. Why don't you get a life instead of cutting people down so that you can feel good about yourself? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wimmcs said:
You are the biggest loser I've come across in this website and I've been around for a long time. You think you are all that but in the end you nothing but a low-life loser. Why don't you get a life instead of cutting people down so that you can feel good about yourself? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hahahahahahahahaha

Have you gotten into dental school? I got into every one that I applied to.

EVERYONE !

HEck one school admitted me with NO interview...........

Heres what I think of your thoughts and comments.... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

:laugh: funnyman.

vertical bite said:
hahahahahahahahaha

EVERYONE !

What are you.... 12?? You sure act like a JR HIGH brat. Again, there goes with your bragging... get your trolling a$$ out of here and go back where you came from. :laugh: :laugh:
BTW, can't you read that I already got in? Apparently not only a loser and a brat, but unable read as well.

dear mr verticle. you are the coolest person i have ever met. You are so positive and great to talk to. Your opinions are greatly appreciated and have a great life. God Bless

what does trolling mean?

joobs,
Your score looks good but I have to say I'm surprised that you took the Kaplan review with 3.7 GPA and 3.5 Science GPA. Every school I interviewed asked me if I took Kaplan. Just something to keep in mind but as long as your score is good, it doesn't matter and the schools shouldn't ask that anyway.

I shouldn't say anything since my AA and TS scores are lower than yours by 1 point. I got 22 on PAT but I heard the schools don't even look at it. Maybe I should've taken the Kaplan review. I don't know...

I don't mean to be an a-hole but did you really expect to hear something other than what you'd already expected to hear from people?

For whatever it's worth, you are a strong candidate and shouldn't have any trouble getting into any schools in the States. Good luck.

joobs, thats all your fault :laugh:
I hope you didn't make similar thread on Dental forum :D

vertical bite said:
hahahahahahahahaha

EVERYONE !

Vertical bite, I think you’ve just proven wimmcs’ point by showing off. :laugh: Be more humble, you’ll gain more friends that way.