Just took DAT..would like some advice! (Non-trad)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denty1017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you are fine!! I'm sure you will get in with that score! QR is the least important section of the DAT.

Best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
You are fine! No need to retake :)
Good luck am sure you will get accepted somewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You will be alright. I wouldn't retake.

Reactions: 1 user
If I was adcom, I would interview tou based on stats and ec

You have a high academic average, but *some* schools really do take individual scores very seriously and wouldn't hesitate to toss a file into the reject pile for a score less than 17 regardless of other academic achievements...My advice would be to call up the schools you are interested in and seek their opinion.

You have a high academic average, but *some* schools really do take individual scores very seriously and wouldn't hesitate to toss a file into the reject pile for a score less than 17 regardless of other academic achievements...My advice would be to call up the schools you are interested in and seek their opinion.
Thanks! Will follow up with schools regarding minimum scores for sure.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. Best of luck to you all!

Your ECs seem really good! Keep it up! Apply broadly and you should hear back :)

Don't worry about the QR. You have great scores and a great improved GPA. Have you taken any calc or other math courses where you received a good grade? They will probably look to see how you did in your math courses, and if you didn't do horrible I wouldn't worry at all. They might ask you why you got a low score in the interview so just explain what happened. Your other scores compensate for the low QR. I got an 18 on QR (but also an 18 on RC and GC) and I got into both BU and Tufts. All you have to do is show interest and be yourself at the interview! Good luck!

Don't worry about the QR. You have great scores and a great improved GPA. Have you taken any calc or other math courses where you received a good grade? They will probably look to see how you did in your math courses, and if you didn't do horrible I wouldn't worry at all. They might ask you why you got a low score in the interview so just explain what happened. Your other scores compensate for the low QR. I got an 18 on QR (but also an 18 on RC and GC) and I got into both BU and Tufts. All you have to do is show interest and be yourself at the interview! Good luck!

Thank you for the input! My grades for math in the beginning of college are less than stellar, but once I committed myself to my studies, my grades for the remaining math courses were high. I do have a feeling that I will be asked about my weakness in math (especially my performance on the DAT), so I will definitely prepare accordingly. Sound advice!

On a side note, did you end up picking Tufts or BU? Congrats on this accomplishment, I am envious!