Just took Kaplan DAT Diagnostic...does it mean a much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BalooTheBear

Just took it today without any studying or evening knowing what to expect, especially from the PAT:

15 AA (13 QR and 18 RC, others were 15's)
15 PAT

I am planning on taking the test in 2 months. Do you think that is enough time to raise my score to 20+ across the board?

More importantly, does Kaplan's diagnostic mean much? I heard they make the diagnostic hard so they trick you into thinking that you really need their course.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, two months is soon. However, the diagnostic doesn't mean anything so don't put a lot of stock in it. I kinda do think they make it really hard so they can "guarantee" that your score will improve. 20+ is going to be hard no matter where you start from. But don't get too freaked out by the diagnostic. It just means you haven't started studying yet. Which you better get on. Quickly.

I actual am taking that diagnostic test in appx. 1 hour. I don't want to take it b/c i haven't studied, so i know my scores are going to be crappy. They make you take that too when you sign up for a private tutor.. which is what i'm doing. I feel as nervous as when i took the real thing! YIKES! BUt it is true, they make it harder and more tricky, than the real DAT.

took the kaplan course and will say that it doens't help much. they gave like 4 practice tests anda bunch of subjects tests, but you can fnd them floating around...for $1000+ you should invest in the cheaper tests that cost around $50 for 3 tests. got 18 TS and 18PAT. just don't think it's worth the money at all. taking it in 3 weeks...boohoo.