just took kaplan full length simulated exam step I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ortholsu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
wanted to know what kind of numbers people are getting with the full length simulated exam step I, and if anyone has an idea of what it equates to on the real deal. i know that we all have heard rumors, but i just wanted to get a feel if i am on the right track.

i got a 70% today on the kap full length, and i have 17 more days to study. i am at 67% on q bank with no repeats or incorrect done, with 60% q bank complete. i have made my first run thru everything and now i will go back and reread and memorize little details and of course do more questions.

my goal is 230+

should i push my test back or am i headed in the right way? thanks for the input

Members don't see this ad.

im taking the 350 bad girl this monday...ill see how that goes......test on 14th currently doing 74% -timed random on qb. (with 66% of questions done)....

I took the Kaplan practice exam too. Didn't do quite as well as you (only got a 65%), but I'm told that you will likely pass the real deal if you get a 55% or higher on this particular practice test. I can't tell you what a 70% is equivalent to on the real test.

Good thing I've got a little over three weeks to prepare for this beast! It's gonna suck!!!

Good luck everyone! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a full length Kaplan test about one week before my test. It was some CD that somebody gave me that had a three or five full-length tests. It was a disaster! I was scoring about 75-80% on qbank, but then I got a 55% on this Kaplan test. Maybe I was just having a bad day. Anyways, I ended up getting a 256 on the real thing. Don't let those Kaplan tests get you worked up. I didn't think that they really resembled the real test at all.

i took it the other day as well. i got 68%. im getting like 70% on Qbank thus far. all i can get out of it is there is a good chance of passing..thats it

I took that kaplan CD test as well, yesterday. I still have 18 days to usmle I and 11 days to comlex.

I can't focus on kaplan's stupid numbers games....I'm just gonna keep on keepin on till this is over. As u can probably guess, my CD full length score sucked monkey butt.

BUT--the first 3 sections of the CD test were all questions I had already seen. wtf?
:(

Hey gals & guys,

I also just got finished with the 350-Q Kaplan exam and it was truly difficult. very few (if any) totally easy questions. My test was 90/350 pharmacology questions that were very challenging. Pulled out with a 81% but don't know how.

Don't let it get you down.

So I took the simulated cd ish today??

Gave up after after 5 blocks ?I have never been so exhausted in my life?.LOOOL

4th block , I was basically falling asleep??..yawning. Every 30 secs?..
Newyz after 5 blocks?got a 77.2%?but things I learned.

1) must get at least 9 hours of sleep night b4
2) Must have a full cup of coffee before I start and must bring some and extra cup of coffee to sip on b/w blocks 3 and 4.?then during break?and b/w block 6 and 7.
3) must get at least 9 hours of sleep night b4
4) must get at least 9 hours of sleep night b4

I mean I was so tired and sleepy at one point that I forgot the primer (during PCR) was the compliment sequence?not exact base sequence of the sequence to be copied?.
So I was there looking at the answer choices thinking ?what the f**K? Kaplan is making a mistake?

so i suggest getting maximum amount of rest the day before...imho

I sat for this thing last year and I thought it was a lot easier than the real exam. Questions were much shorter and to the point. It was a lot easier than Qbank too. I don't think the Kaplan exam changes because they have a printed book of answers and explanations for you to use.