Just took my DAT last Saturday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Donchacka

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got incredible scores (Bio 24 GC 24 OC 30 PAT 26 RC 23 QR 27 AA 26) and wanted to thank Bootcamp and DAT destroyer for their excellent practice problems.

For starters yes you can cross off options in any sections by right clicking that option and highlight texts in RC. I didn't know this thing until I followed through the tutorial. Being able to cross off options is huge for me I couldn't imagine what would happen if I skipped tutorial and not knowing this function.

I've been studying for this exam for a while. For bio I used Feralis notes and cliffs AP bio. There is a big overlapping between the two. But going through cliffs helped me understand some of the stuff I didn't when going through Feralis. The real exam was just like what other people in this forum said. The problems are not difficult at all but it covers a wide range of knowledge. The version I had focused heavily on physiology.

For gen chem, when I systematically went over it for the first time, I used Kaplan's MCAT book because I had a classmate who told me the book was really awesome and turned out, he was right. After that I simply used Bootcamp and destroyer for practice.

Ochem is just like gen chem. I used Kaplan's MCAT book and bootcamp/Dstroyer for practice. One thing helped me a lot was that because I recently just took Ochem II all that benzene and carbonyl stuff was still very fresh to me. Chad's video is also another big help with this section. Def watch Chads video (but not only chads video) if you're aiming high.

PAT--I've no idea how I got a 26. Bootcamp was very helpful especially their generator but their last 5 practice sets completely destroyed my confidence. (Especially keyhole and angle ranking. I'd get 9/15 for keyholes and 9/15 for angle.) On the real exam, angle ranking is slightly easier than Bootcamp's last five problem sets. And yes they are not kidding about the weird rock thingy for keyhole!!!! I think what is great about Bootcamp on this section is that it helps you A LOT with time management. I had about 5 min left to check the problems I marked on the real exam, which was pretty consistent with what I did on Bootcamp. All in all for this section the take home message is don't panic and keep your pants on tight.

30 min break--the hell I thought we get 15 min break. I sat down and ate a pizza. Wasn't gonna do anything but still couldn't help and looked up a couple questions I wasn't sure of in science section. Damn it of course I got them wrong.

RC--Bootcamp has five RC sets. The first two are way harder than the real exam. The last three was kinda on par. By on par I mean the difficulty of the articles themselves, not the questions. 90% of the questions on the real exam was detail oriented which made it very enjoyable. The technique I used was that I would read thoroughly up till paragraph 7 and then start the questions. Apart from that I recommend read an article everyday on scientific american because why not.

Writing--Thank the old Gods and the new. There's no writing.

QR-- I'm Asian and Chinese so...lol. Jk. With that being said, don't overlook any sections on DAT cuz you never know what weird questions it'll throw at ya. For this section I used and only used Bootcamp.

Last I want to say studying is a painful process. I consider myself lucky getting such good scores on the real exam because with a huge question bank DAT has, what popped up on my screen was what I happened to know. Soooooo good luck everyone, and good night!

Average Bootcamp score: Bio 22 GC 23 OC 22 PAT 21 RC 20 QR 29

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
EXCELLENT WORK! You owned it! Thank you for giving back to SDN by sharing!!

Now enjoy your week. You earned it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So the test allows you to see which answers you got wrong during the break? Also, did you find yourself utilizing the highlighting feature during your reading, instead of writing down notes? Great job on QR, I've heard mixed opinions about Bootcamp QR vs Math Destroyer, but it looks like you did awesome without the latter.

So the test allows you to see which answers you got wrong during the break? Also, did you find yourself utilizing the highlighting feature during your reading, instead of writing down notes? Great job on QR, I've heard mixed opinions about Bootcamp QR vs Math Destroyer, but it looks like you did awesome without the latter.
I remembered some of the questions I wasn't sure of and during the break I googled them on my phone. You are allowed to use your phone during the break btw. I absolutely loved the highlighting function! I don't typically write down notes during RC. I've tried but it wasn't something for me. During the test I used the highlighting tool more as landmarks so that I could quickly locate the paragraph I was looking for :)

And thank you! I've heard math destroyer and bootcamp are kinda similar in terms of QR section?

People say the actual test is a hybrid of Math Destroyer and Bootcamp; Bootcamp being easier and Destroyer being harder. I take my test in two days. Do you have any specific advice for the Bio section? I'm just reviewing Feralis Notes, so I hope it's sufficient.

People say the actual test is a hybrid of Math Destroyer and Bootcamp; Bootcamp being easier and Destroyer being harder. I take my test in two days. Do you have any specific advice for the Bio section? I'm just reviewing Feralis Notes, so I hope it's sufficient.
I somehow think the difficulty of QR on the real exam is just like Bootcamp, but it could be I'm lucky. For bio all I did was Feralis and Cliffs (which you can download for free in case you didn't know). I highly recommend doing cliffs review problems at the end of the book. I think some of them were pretty genius.

Dude you can do this!! Be confident and think swiftly like a dagger on your exam day and you will nail this crap!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys need some help, is it imp to read or memorize the solutions of DAT BIO destroyer? I think i remember someone saying the pull questions from the solutions?
Of just doing the questions is enough?
Please help !