1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

just took my DAT today~! 7/21/06

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by DMDorDDS, Jul 21, 2006.

1. DMDorDDS

DMDorDDS Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I just took my DAT today, and I am happy with my scores.
    I have been seeing some amazing scores lately, but I am not nearly as smart as those people. I am writing this because I wanted to say that not everyone is getting 25s on the DAT. I have always been B average student but I worked my behind off for the past 2 months and proud of the scores that I got. Even if its not that great.

GenChem 18 (63.9%)
    OChem 23 (93.9%)
    Bio 19 (78.6%)
    PAT 22 (96.9%)
    QR 22 (93.8%)
    RC 16 (14.8%)
    TS 20 (86.1%)
    AA 21 (91.3%)

Kaplan Diag AA-15:::NS-15:::BIO-13:::GChem-13:::OChem-18:::RC-17:::pAT-21
    Kaplan Midterm AA-15:::NS-14:::BIO-16:::GChem-12:::OChem-14:::RC-16:::pAT-21
    Kaplan test 1 AA-16:::NS-16:::BIO-17:::GChem-15:::OChem-17:::RC-16:::pAT-22
    Kaplan test 2 AA-18:::NS-19:::BIO-20:::GChem-17:::OChem-18:::RC-17:::pAT-21
    Kaplan final AA-20:::NS-22:::BIO-24:::GChem-20:::OChem-17:::RC-17:::pAT-23

TopScore AA-18:::NS-19:::BIO-17:::GChem-20:::OChem-19:::RC-19:::pAT-19

DATAchiever
    BIO-18:::GChem-19:::OChem-16:::RC-19:::pAT-17

I am not a genius, I am not a stright A student, and I was really doubtful of myself before taking this test...
    BUT, now I know... HAVE CONFIDENCE and study hard
    anything is possible, your kaplan diagnostics should never discourage you...

I really think that, you get what you put into... if you are dedicated you will succeed...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE~! and dont let those stupid practice exams make you think less of yourself... they dont mean anything... :luck:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Clover

Clover Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    dude, these scores are great! thanks for posting them as well as your kaplan, topscore & achiever stats

4. papabear

papabear Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

good encouraging words, good score!

5. Notoriousjae

Notoriousjae DAT Rockstar
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    your PAT score rocks. how did you practice those top front end questions? any strategies? good job congrats

6. DMD-2-B

DMD-2-B Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Nice job!!! I think you did fantastic! Obviously there will always be those creme of the crop students who are getting 25's etc. That's great for them, but it doesn't have to be the standard we judge ourselves by.

In my opinion you did WONDERFUL! Best of luck to you! :thumbup:

7. dr_q

dr_q New Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey doc .. those r some nice scores .. i wanted to ask u a question .. i am DDS from outside US/canada .. i just graduated n i have heard tht i have to go for DAT once i think to work in USA ... can u (or any1) guide me in anyway .. what i can possibley do to begin with .. i will be coming to US (NY/NJ) within this month or so.... so can u help me with anything ? i'll be waiting for ur reply .. thanks
    Q

8. DMDorDDS

DMDorDDS Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thanks...

I think for gen chem, kaplan pretty much covers everything you need to know...
    there arent any hard solving problems... even those I must have f-ed it somewhere but they were pretty easy... I must have made some dumb mistakes

o chem... samething... nothing really new... just make sure you know the reactants, solvents, and products... you dont have to know the mechanism

bio is kinda out there... about 10 questions.. I have never seen before... one of the question was actually from SDN, about the sea urchin... I got that right from reading the posts on here... so I think it would be good to check the site.... I think the level of bio question, is simliar to DAT achiever... its pretty tough... atleast that was how it was on my test... however, my friend's bio was really easy... so I think it really depends

PAT... its same level as Kaplan... with maybe one kinda hard problem...
    I skipped thru TFE view and keyhole and went straight for the easy points... made sure I got all the points from hole punching and cube counting... and I had plenty of time to go back and recheck.. its important to recheck.. I found couple mistakes...

QR... I think the best practice for that is top score... I think almost everything from topscore QR was on my DAT... just variations... but almost identical... I think that would be the best practice for that....

reading.. sorry... I cant help you there... I suck .... :scared:

well... if you have more questions feel free to ask anytime... =)

good luck~!