Just took my first Achiever PAT test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JCLewis90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my first PAT test on Achiever (Test 1 of 3). I set the time limit to "1.5 times longer", and scored a 21. I finished with a few minutes left on the clock. Where do you guys think I stand as far as being ready for the actual DAT PAT section? Do I definitely need to be able to finish the Achiever PAT in 60 minutes? I was excited to see that I scored a 21, but now I'm just worried about being able to do that in an hour. For what it's worth, I'm averaging a 23 on Crack DAT PAT. I'd appreciate any input from you guys! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll do great. Keep it up. Achiever is a lot harder than real and you will improve a lot when you finish all of the tests.

You'll do great. Keep it up. Achiever is a lot harder than real and you will improve a lot when you finish all of the tests.

Thanks! I'm wondering now if I should have bought more than 3 tests. Do you think I should try Test 2 in 60 minutes? Or maybe just do the 1.5 times longer again?

Thanks! I'm wondering now if I should have bought more than 3 tests. Do you think I should try Test 2 in 60 minutes? Or maybe just do the 1.5 times longer again?

I would just try it with 60 min. Just make sure you review what you got wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to practice to get them done fast, that will really test your skills. If you got a 21, you know what you are doing, you just have to figure out the answers faster so you can be more comfortable during the real thing.

Make sure you're completing the section easiest to you first, so you spend the least amount of time on it, and saving the section hardest to you for last, so you can spend the most amount of time on it.

You will be fine. Just make sure you dont leave any questions unanswered. I scored 19 on 2 achiever tests I took 3 and 2 days before the exam. So if I can score a 19 on achiever and 20 on the real DAT then you will definitely be fine. Just do the questions in order so you dont waste time going back and forth.

You will be fine. Just make sure you dont leave any questions unanswered. I scored 19 on 2 achiever tests I took 3 and 2 days before the exam. So if I can score a 19 on achiever and 20 on the real DAT then you will definitely be fine. Just do the questions in order so you dont waste time going back and forth.

Cool, thanks. Did you do the achiever PAT tests in 60 minutes? Or did you do the 1.5 times longer?

I did them in 60 minutes. A good strategy I utilized was .. lets say you are bad at certain types of questions and you noticed you were having a hard time on 1 of them. Just GUESS, MARK and move on.

I did them in 60 minutes. A good strategy I utilized was .. lets say you are bad at certain types of questions and you noticed you were having a hard time on 1 of them. Just GUESS, MARK and move on.

Yea that would definitely save some time. Achiever's pattern folding is pretty tough. Is the actual DAT's pattern folding that bad?

no Achiever is much harder than the DAT in just about all sections. Its just the best one to practice on b/c it has that 3-D viewing thing after the test.