just took my NBDE part 1 today 08/12

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PaxRoma

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally it's over. Well..hopefully.
I study for the exam for about 3 weeks, go over the decks once, and 2 old tests(2004-pilot,1998). There's not alot of repeats though. I'd say maybe 5 out of 400 I consider repeats.
Overall it is slightly harder than I expected, you'll feel like your brain gonna blow afterward.
I'd be happy to answer any question.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi PaxRoma,

you gave your part 1 today and you are already accepted into one school. Could you explain that.

I study for the exam for about 3 weeks, go over the decks once, and 2 old tests(2004-pilot,1998). There's not alot of repeats though. I'd say maybe 5 out of 400 I consider repeats.
Overall it is slightly harder than I expected, you'll feel like your brain gonna blow afterward.

After i finished my exam i felt word to word same as you said. I thought I got the toughest paper probably. But in my case eventually I began to understand that the new questions that i saw in the exam are already asked in the old exams i left out. Hope its not the same with u. Anyway, Good Luck with your scores. As u are already accepted no worries. Relax and enjoy.

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all, I know it is hard as a foreign trained dentist to get into American dental school, but please consider the fairness that every other candidates deserve. The reason I say this is because I receive emails asking me to send specific questions.This will just make it harder and harder for foreign dentists to get in because of the ethical issue schools have to deal with.

As far as some areas I encounter, lots of systemic diseases that have oral manifestation, TMJ, movement, also don't forget the ethics. I did not encounter any picture (besides from the testlets) in my exam.

Last edited:
Do you think the pattern of the questions have big changes compared with old ones? I heard some saying a lot more details are asked in 2008 exams....

Thanks

they are the same excep the new vesion has 6-8 cases around 80 Qs but they are easy

some cases are easy but I found 2 of my cases to be hard. I did not spend too much time reading the cases because some of the questions itself kinda lead you to the answer; others you can quickly look at the exhibit and search for key words.
The questions ask the same concept as the old tests, but the questions are definitely different.

Hi!
So glad, that your are pass! Do you has a material for NBDE Part 1? Please, let me know, I would like to buy it from you... Getting ready for my exam and so confused. Help!!!

Hi everyone!
So glad, that I found this site! Does anybody has a material for NBDE Part 1? Please, let me know, I would like to buy it from you... Getting ready for my exam and so confused. Help!!! [email protected]