Oct 15, 2010
Status
The NAPLEX just crushed my will to live. I know that people say afterward that they feel like they failed, but then they end up passing. There will be no passing for this fellow. I got CRUSHED by this exam.

All the topics I felt strong on - hardly or not tested
Random crap - lots of it
Not so random crap on subjects I'm weak on - lots of it
The ONE type of math problem I struggle with - 4-5 questions with it

I LITERALLY made anywhere from 30-50 100% guesses. I would say after that, probably another 30-50 educated guesses.

The signs are there that I failed as well, as the questions got easier towards the end of the exam. I only had probably 10 k type questions through the whole thing, which is probably another sign I failed. I'll get my results in 2 days and will post here, but it will be a MIRACLE if I passed. A true miracle.

101ku

7+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2010
Status
Pharmacy Student
please don't lose hope, you can always try again btw what books did you study from??

OP
N
Oct 15, 2010
Status
please don't lose hope, you can always try again btw what books did you study from??
I mostly just used the Kaplan book, and some of the APhA one. I'll find out tomorrow if I passed, but I'm not counting on it.

OP
N
Oct 15, 2010
Status
You probably did well. What books did you use to study and how long did you study?

By the way I hear statistics is on the NAPLEX. Did you encounter any type of statistics questions? What type are there?
I had to calculate # needed to treat, define a p value, explain a meta analysis and also what a double blind crossover study is.

Oct 17, 2010
Status
The NAPLEX just crushed my will to live. I know that people say afterward that they feel like they failed, but then they end up passing. There will be no passing for this fellow. I got CRUSHED by this exam.

All the topics I felt strong on - hardly or not tested
Random crap - lots of it
Not so random crap on subjects I'm weak on - lots of it
The ONE type of math problem I struggle with - 4-5 questions with it

I LITERALLY made anywhere from 30-50 100% guesses. I would say after that, probably another 30-50 educated guesses.

The signs are there that I failed as well, as the questions got easier towards the end of the exam. I only had probably 10 k type questions through the whole thing, which is probably another sign I failed. I'll get my results in 2 days and will post here, but it will be a MIRACLE if I passed. A true miracle.
I am sure you will pass. This was my impression after my NAPLEX and I passed.:thumbup:

JordanP

10+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
Ft. Lauderdale
Status
Pharmacist
Good Luck to you! Really hope you passed I know its not fun waiting...what state are you in that get your results so quick? I had to wait 12 days here in FL...

OP
N
Oct 15, 2010
Status
I did pass!!!!! I got a 78, lol. Barely passed, but I passed. I'm in AZ, only takes 48 hours to get results. Took it Wednesday, got my results today (Friday).

JordanP

10+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
Ft. Lauderdale
Status
Pharmacist
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a wonderful feeling to know that you dont have to do this for another 3 months!!!!!!

CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

P.S. You mentioned the math problem you struggled on you got alot of...what kind of problem was it? (i have my test coming up soon too)

OP
N
Oct 15, 2010
Status
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a wonderful feeling to know that you dont have to do this for another 3 months!!!!!!

CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

P.S. You mentioned the math problem you struggled on you got alot of...what kind of problem was it? (i have my test coming up soon too)
I had quite a few problems that were w/w, which I don't usually like. Stuff like mixing triamcinolone in cold cream and that sort of thing, but like I said, all weight weight stuff.

Jun 13, 2010
Status
I felt the same way.... I guessed on over half. I scored a 115 on mine... I must have had all of the questions I guessed on thrown out or something!