Just took the DAT today 7/16

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhui

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
aww yeah.. im done with the DAT for good! :)

Perceptual Ability 19 91.2%
Quantitative Reasoning 28 100%
Reading Comprehension 19 67.3%
Biology 19 91.2%
General Chemistry 21 92.4%
Organic Chemistry 19 83.5%
Total Science 20 93.1%
Academic Average 21 96.6%

All in all, I think I did pretty well. Im not going to retake.

As for opinions, DAT achiever and Topscore are definitly harder.
Here were my scores for practice tests ( I mainly did the SNS).

7/8: Top Score 1: Bio 18, GC 17, OC 13, PAT 19, RC 21, QR 25
7/10: Top Score 2: Bio 16, GC 16, OC 18
7/12: DAT Achiever 1: Bio 15, GC 17, OC 16, PAT 16, RC 20, QR 23
7/13: DAT Achiever 2: Bio 14, GC 16, OC 18
7/14: Top Score 3: Bio 17, GC 17, OC 16, PAT 20, RC 21, QR 23
7/15: DAT Achiever 3: Bio 13, GC 16, OC 16

Overall, DAT achiever is harder than Topscore, and Topscore is harder than the real thing. The real DAT is more like Topscore though. I just studied the Kaplan Bio, Chem and Ochem. Didnt really study for PAT, RC, or QR.

Hope this post helps you all out there! Good Luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

jhui said:
aww yeah.. im done with the DAT for good! :)

Perceptual Ability 19 91.2%
Quantitative Reasoning 28 100%
Reading Comprehension 19 67.3%
Biology 19 91.2%
General Chemistry 21 92.4%
Organic Chemistry 19 83.5%
Total Science 20 93.1%
Academic Average 21 96.6%

All in all, I think I did pretty well. Im not going to retake.

As for opinions, DAT achiever and Topscore are definitly harder.
Here were my scores for practice tests ( I mainly did the SNS).

7/8: Top Score 1: Bio 18, GC 17, OC 13, PAT 19, RC 21, QR 25
7/10: Top Score 2: Bio 16, GC 16, OC 18
7/12: DAT Achiever 1: Bio 15, GC 17, OC 16, PAT 16, RC 20, QR 23
7/13: DAT Achiever 2: Bio 14, GC 16, OC 18
7/14: Top Score 3: Bio 17, GC 17, OC 16, PAT 20, RC 21, QR 23
7/15: DAT Achiever 3: Bio 13, GC 16, OC 16

Overall, DAT achiever is harder than Topscore, and Topscore is harder than the real thing. The real DAT is more like Topscore though. I just studied the Kaplan Bio, Chem and Ochem. Didnt really study for PAT, RC, or QR.

Hope this post helps you all out there! Good Luck to everyone!

Great scores man. Well done. How was QR, pretty easy ha. I am shooting for 30 on that. See what happens this tuesday. Last time wasn't too happy about QR only had 22.

Mustt Mustt said:
Great scores man. Well done. How was QR, pretty easy ha. I am shooting for 30 on that. See what happens this tuesday. Last time wasn't too happy about QR only had 22.

well im strongest in math, and for the math i finish it in like 25 minutes, so I usually end up doing the math twice to double check.

Congratulations ! nice scores, especially QR.

How was real SNS compared to TopScore. Seems like your real score did improve compared to topscore. Any surprises on the test ?

Members don't see this ad :)
sailinx said:
Congratulations ! nice scores, especially QR.

How was real SNS compared to TopScore. Seems like your real score did improve compared to topscore. Any surprises on the test ?

my points went up a few from topscore. the bio definitly seemed a lot easier to me. wernt really any suprises, all i studied was the kaplan bio and most of the stuff on the test was in the kaplan. i cant really recall any questions, that test drained me too much. :eek: Everything was straight forward though. I thought chemistry was really easy. Bio and Chem are definitely easier on the real DAT than topscore. I thought the Organic was about the same. Good luck studying!

jhui said:
my points went up a few from topscore. the bio definitly seemed a lot easier to me. wernt really any suprises, all i studied was the kaplan bio and most of the stuff on the test was in the kaplan. i cant really recall any questions, that test drained me too much. :eek: Everything was straight forward though. I thought chemistry was really easy. Bio and Chem are definitely easier on the real DAT than topscore. I thought the Organic was about the same. Good luck studying!

congrats ! good job. What RC scores did you get for Achiever II and III

Hey man, good stuff...I take my next next monday and I can't wait till it's over! :D

dat_student said:
congrats ! good job. What RC scores did you get for Achiever II and III

I know you are worried about RC but don;t worry too much. You will do fine. When I took first time I never scored above 16 in practice exam in RC. In the real deal I ran out of time and last 8 questions I put all c's just to get couple right. Guess what I got 18. Can;t believe that. I was scared to death before I saw my scores. I think they grade RC pretty easy. Most people seem to do well with practice. If you have problems with RC try reading one journal article everyday. I did that.

umm.. i didnt do the RC for achiever 2 or 3... i focused mainly on the sciences, didnt really study for RC math or perceptual. i thought the reading was alot harder though from the ones i did on topscore and DAT achiever 1.

Well done!!! Cant wait to get mine over on Monday... I feel much better when you said real test is easier than Achiever and Topscore. I just finish my 3rd Achiever test and was so disappointed... I need some courage from people like you...

How do you feel about Ochem and Gchem? I'm really worried about those section. Seem never study enough... never ready :) 42 more hours for me...

Congrats!!! btw, why you dont apply this year? Not ready? It would be nice to become ur SA classmate :) Only hope for now...

katieTX said:
Well done!!! Cant wait to get mine over on Monday... I feel much better when you said real test is easier than Achiever and Topscore. I just finish my 3rd Achiever test and was so disappointed... I need some courage from people like you...

How do you feel about Ochem and Gchem? I'm really worried about those section. Seem never study enough... never ready :) 42 more hours for me...

Congrats!!! btw, why you dont apply this year? Not ready? It would be nice to become ur SA classmate :) Only hope for now...
---
Hi Jhui,
Well done man. I am sure your achievement and DAT score definitely attract many schools out there.
I am going to take my on July 27. Any advice? I only study the kaplan book and practice the tests given in the book. I am worry about RC and top-front-end and pattern folding. suggestion?
Thanks
HP

hmpham said:
---
Hi Jhui,
Well done man. I am sure your achievement and DAT score definitely attract many schools out there.
I am going to take my on July 27. Any advice? I only study the kaplan book and practice the tests given in the book. I am worry about RC and top-front-end and pattern folding. suggestion?
Thanks
HP

i thought the top front end section on PAT wasnt as bad as the practice test. That was also the section i worry most on. mainly do practice problems and get a better sense of 3d figures in ur mind is what would help most. the way i did it was looking at one block at a time and seeing whether the front or end would be dotted lined or solid and eliminated choices that way. as for reading comprehension, i found it relatively difficult. only advice i have is, dont linger too long on a problem, if you cant find it from the passage, move on and make sure u get all the other ones then go back to the ones u skipped when you have time left. good luck though.

and thank you to everyone!

Great scores J. you even did better than your brother (he will kill me now). How did you pull up your OC score? my DAT is on 8/8 and i am not doing too well on Organic yet.

Great scores, jhui...especially the math, I'm so jealous of you guys that can get a 30QR without studying.

comet - I made sure that i knew all the organic reactions and reagents, organic was what i studied the most, my practice scores were terrible, but i just kept looking over the reactions. i ended up getting 16s and 17s on the practice tests, and on the real thing, i just spent more time looking at the organic to make sure i was picking the right answer. even if i knew the right answer, i would look at all the other choices to make sure they were wrong. So i guess eliminating choices really helped me out more. I also havent taken organic 2 yet, so that tells you how much i had to study for ochem.

Mochafreak- yeah... math was always my strongest subject, but my interests were always in science hehe...

good luck to both of you! :thumbup: