Just took the DAT.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lotexigeus

Master Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well i wanted to take the DAT to get a general idea of what i could score, so i signed up for it on Tuesday and took it this morning. I studied Tuesday night and took the Kaplan practice test yesterday which scared the crap out of me. I also studied gen chem the rest of the day yesterday.

Here are the scores:

PA:23 :cool: (99th percentile)
QR:17
RC:18 :laugh: (39th percentile)
Biol:19
Gen chem: 18
O chem: 19
TS: 18
AA: 18

I was pretty excited to say the least. I didn't expect higher than a 17. Hopefully i won't have to take it again.

My overall gpa is 3.949, and science gpa is 3.98.

I plan on applying to UT Memphis mainly. I'm from Arkansas by the way.

Now i can enjoy the rest of my spring break. :D :sleep: :cool:

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Your DAT might be slightly below average, but your GPA will most likely offset that. I would recommend you apply to at least 5 schools. Don't short change yourself by pre-commiting to one school just yet. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great GPA! I am apply to UT Memphis,Tn I live in Memphis ... I thought we needed a 19 DAT score for UT? Where do you live in AR? I used to live in Marion, AR for awhile. Your GPA will override the DAT score..what was your study method also how long did you study for the DAT?

Well i wanted to take the DAT to get a general idea of what i could score, so i signed up for it on Tuesday and took it this morning. I studied Tuesday night and took the Kaplan practice test yesterday which scared the crap out of me. I also studied gen chem the rest of the day yesterday.

Here are the scores:

PA:23 :cool: (99th percentile)
QR:17
RC:18 :laugh: (39th percentile)
Biol:19
Gen chem: 18
O chem: 19
TS: 18
AA: 18

I was pretty excited to say the least. I didn't expect higher than a 17. Hopefully i won't have to take it again.

My overall gpa is 3.949, and science gpa is 3.98.

I plan on applying to UT Memphis mainly. I'm from Arkansas by the way.

Now i can enjoy the rest of my spring break. :D :sleep: :cool:

What do you guys think?

Great GPA! I am apply to UT Memphis,Tn I live in Memphis ... I thought we needed a 19 DAT score for UT? Where do you live in AR? I used to live in Marion, AR for awhile. Your GPA will override the DAT score..what was your study method also how long did you study for the DAT?

I'm from Fort Smith (but i go to ATU). I've never heard anything about having to get a 19. One of my buddies got a 17 and an interview with a 3.8 gpa after applying in December! haha.

Another girl i know got a 17 or 18 and got accepted to both Kansas City and Memphis. She chose Memphis.

I studied the Kaplan book, and i studied for about 3-4 hours on Tuesday night, and about 8 hours yesterday. That's it! I was freeking out yesterday.

Your DAT might be slightly below average, but your GPA will most likely offset that. I would recommend you apply to at least 5 schools. Don't short change yourself by pre-commiting to one school just yet. Good luck.

Memphis will be my best shot. Since AR doesn't have a dental school, certain schools hold spots for Arkansans. Memphis has about 16, KC like 2?, 4 at LSU, and i think 1 at Baylor. LSU i think requires a 20 before they look at you. I may have a small chance at KC, but Memphis will be my best chance. Do you think it's worth applying to the other schools? Thanks.

Also, is it just me or should my TS be a 19?

Or does it take into affect the RC and QR?

edit: nvm, figured it out.

your scores a fabulous and with a kick ass gpa like that...you're set...

how are you extra curriculars looking?

-ld

I've been on the exec. board of sigma phi epsilon fraternity for two years as VP of Finance. I'm also in about four other clubs on campus. Worked every semester about 20hrs/week. I've shadowed probably around 10 hours with my dentist and i'm about to do more with a dentist near my school.

I think i just need more shadowing time and i'll be set. What do you think?