Just took the MPJE...depressed now...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kellim86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the TN MPJE. I am so depressed now... I seriously had to guess on probably 90% of the test. I studied about 12 days... probably 4-6 hours a day and the last couple of days like 8 hours. I read the Guide to Federal Pharmacy book twice word for word and skimmed back through it a third time. I even bought pronto pass for $150 and also had some great study guides sent to me from people who swore that's all they studied and passed. I feel like the questions were so tricky, and I had it narrowed down to two answers on each and they each could be right. Does anyone else feel the same way? Does anyone know if there is an extremely hard test and then easy ones? My friends swear it was easy and that all they studied for was a few days. Mine must have been the hardest test out there! I know i put the study time in, it was just like scenario questions that the material wasn't in the books/rules. UGGGHHH!!! Please everyone share your experiences on MPJE in general... Thanks...keeping my fingers crossed i passed but it will take a miracle i'm sure... :/

Members don't see this ad.

Don't freak out! I felt the exact same way leaving the MPJE and I ended up passing with a 93!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel the same way about my test...already know of 10 that I missed....and I feel like I was guessing quite a lot...soooo worried

I passed with an 82!!! Now a licensed pharmacist! I seriously was depressed over the mpje...so much harder than naplex. Nothing i studied was on there...it was a complete guessing game, i feel like i guess on over 80% of test...was only sure of like 10 questions. Dont freak out...i think they seriouslly curve it! Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats! I just took mine this afternooon. Took me about an hour but there were quite a few questions where it couldve gone either way. Hope I passed..

Passed with an 82 as well. If anyone needs any tips on resources to review TN MPJE. Just holler

I just took mine today. Felt like I guessed on 85 of the 90 questions. Walked out thinking I definitely failed. Hoping for a miracle.

Did you take NC MPJE? Me too...and I know exactly what you are talking about:oops::scared:

Yep. Almost every question seemed like it had 2 possible answers. I even had about 4 questions were I thought every answer choice was right lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be taking the NC MPJE at some point. Any tips? Got any documents from your law review session that might be helpful?

Took my MPJE today. I didn't think it was that bad, which has me worried. I read through about half of my state's law book and then skimmed the rest, read some federal stuff my ASHP pharm prep, and studied the pharmacist's manual for control drugs. Probably studied about 3 days for 4 hours each day. Pretty much every question I had I saw in some capacity during studying. No real random questions. I really really hope I passed though. I already know I answered the same 3 questions wrong each time. I considered changing up my answer just to balance it out, but stuck with it. Boo. :p

Took my MPJE today. I didn't think it was that bad, which has me worried. I read through about half of my state's law book and then skimmed the rest, read some federal stuff my ASHP pharm prep, and studied the pharmacist's manual for control drugs. Probably studied about 3 days for 4 hours each day. Pretty much every question I had I saw in some capacity during studying. No real random questions. I really really hope I passed though. I already know I answered the same 3 questions wrong each time. I considered changing up my answer just to balance it out, but stuck with it. Boo. :p

I took mine today as well. It will be a miracle if I pass

Pfft, you'll pass. :p

It's hard taking a test in a different state. The laws are very different from where I went to pharmacy school.

I'd say I knew 25% cold and 75% I guessed on. A lot of the stuff I knew what they were asking but the phrasing was so radically different that I couldn't discern an answer. And then again, a lot of it I'd not seen during my studying even though I'd read all the state laws, did a federal review, question bank, and a state review. Bleh

I'd say I knew 25% cold and 75% I guessed on. A lot of the stuff I knew what they were asking but the phrasing was so radically different that I couldn't discern an answer. And then again, a lot of it I'd not seen during my studying even though I'd read all the state laws, did a federal review, question bank, and a state review. Bleh

Seems to be the general feeling of the test. I'd put money on you passing, but good luck to both of us! :D

I passed too:highfive: I guess this means I'm in this gig for the long haul :smuggrin:

Congrats! I told you! :p

I guess I am too. Did you get Midyear stuff today in your email. It's crazy to think it's that time to start planning this again!! I'll stalk your booth in December. :smuggrin:

Congrats! I told you! :p

I guess I am too. Did you get Midyear stuff today in your email. It's crazy to think it's that time to start planning this again!! I'll stalk your booth in December. :smuggrin:

I don't think I did but I get so many emails these days, anything is possible. Our program got a block of rooms for us yesterday.

You wouldn't be the first to creep on me at midyear. Z and cyclo did last year.

I don't think I did but I get so many emails these days, anything is possible. Our program got a block of rooms for us yesterday.

You wouldn't be the first to creep on me at midyear. Z and cyclo did last year.

I have to book my own room. I'll do that on pay day. :p

It'll probably be easier to stalk since I know what booth you're at. :D
I might legitimatly stop by cause your program has the pgy-2 I'm interested in.

Just took the TN MPJE. I am so depressed now... I seriously had to guess on probably 90% of the test. I studied about 12 days... probably 4-6 hours a day and the last couple of days like 8 hours. I read the Guide to Federal Pharmacy book twice word for word and skimmed back through it a third time. I even bought pronto pass for $150 and also had some great study guides sent to me from people who swore that's all they studied and passed. I feel like the questions were so tricky, and I had it narrowed down to two answers on each and they each could be right. Does anyone else feel the same way? Does anyone know if there is an extremely hard test and then easy ones? My friends swear it was easy and that all they studied for was a few days. Mine must have been the hardest test out there! I know i put the study time in, it was just like scenario questions that the material wasn't in the books/rules. UGGGHHH!!! Please everyone share your experiences on MPJE in general... Thanks...keeping my fingers crossed i passed but it will take a miracle i'm sure... :/

l just relocated to tn and trying to study for the mpje , is it possible you can share or email me the study materials. Thanks

Took MPJE today. DEFINITELY sure that I did not pass. I felt like I was guessing on basically every other question. I think I had like five questions on OBRA 90 probably because I got them all wrong, lol. They kept repeating. I felt so stupid while taking it b/c the questions repeated so often...not all but I'd say at least 3-4 that came back o_O. I know I am totally screwed. It'd be a miracle if I pass but I am pretty certain I didn't. What a waste of money that was :/

On a side note, don't think I could've prepared any better, the questions were beyond tricky, some of the wording was just way off and I was pretty sure a handful of the questions could have two answers lolol (even though that might be far from the truth). Oh well, at least it's over. Here's to waiting for 30 days before I have to sign up for the test, AGAIN.

Hi!
I am a recent pharmacy graduate and will be taking the TN mpje in the next few weeks. I saw your post regarding it so if you could share any advice or tips, I would greatly appreciate it :)

I have the Federal Law book as well as the Blue TN law one- is that what you studied? Are there any helpful resources to practice questions?

I would seriously appreciate any words of wisdom you might have :)

Thanks!

Hey! I emailed the dean at Uconn and she sent me a bunch of info for $20. Basically, it was all stuff that you find on ct.gov under pharmacy. I would go thru all of that stuff and I also bought the CT law exam on pharmacyexam.com for $65. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Took NC today

feel like i had very minimal federal law quetions tbh

Desi, I also had a few repeat things, it made me nervous, but glad to see you did too and passed, I hope I did too!!

need help here...took tn mpje but failed...huhuhuhuhh!!! il be taking it gain 2 weeks from now.....this test is harder than NAPLEX for me...Help anybody asap!