1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Just took the Naplex

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Licensure and Exams' started by ncrx115, Jun 15, 2008.

1. ncrx115

Pharmacist
    I just took the Naplex and am waiting for the results. I was a good student and studied very hard for this test and felt horrible afterwards. I felt as if I was guessing way too often. I was hoping for a lot of math but there was hardly any. Then fellow students call saying how easy they thought it was.... I am very nervous, any words of encouargement would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. txgrl23

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    if you studied and knew your material and you thought it was hard - I think that means you did really well.
    Don't worry. its a computer adaptive exam so you got to the hard questions level and from what i know hard questions worth more than the easy ones.
    I am sure you did fine :)

4. ncrx115

Pharmacist
    Thank you for your words of encouragement. I guess i'm nervous due to the fact that I think back and think of some of the easy questions I got wrong due to anxiety.

5. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    ncrx115... I'm sure you did fine! When do you expect your results back? Ours supposedly show up in under a week, but who knows!

I just took it too... My exam started off relatively easy but then got progressively harder. I think txgrl23 is right and that it's just the computer adaptive nature of the exam. My exam didn't have much math either. I was surprised and a bit relieved! mEq problems are not my friend! :idea:

I was surprised by how many statistics questions there were. :thumbdown:

6. apharmx

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I think the NABP is out to get the upcoming test takers from the Georgia incident. It's really not fair. I've been hearing a lot of foolish questions from them. It's not a minimal competence exam. They are misleading us. I bet most of them that throw in the questions are pharmacists that haven't been practicing for years.

7. ncrx115

Pharmacist
    I took the exam Thursday and the NC board says 3 to 5 business days to get results. Hopefully I'll know by tuesday at the latest. Taking the MPJE on Thursday. AAGGGHHH I can't wait til this is over.

8. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I know the feeling... I took my MPJE first because of scheduling reasons, but I'm glad I did because it was the exam I was more scared of.

It feels good to have them both behind me, but it will feel better once I get my results from the NAPLEX. I'm pretty sure that I passed it, but you just never know about these things. :)

9. ncrx115

Pharmacist
    WOW I just found out I passed. Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement and support, I really appreciate it. All those still waiting I feel your pain and try not to worry it will be okay. Now on to MPJE.

10. jtwcamel

jtwcamel New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    NC is pretty quick with getting you your scores. I took the MPJE on Monday June 9th at noon and had my results first thing when I woke up that Wedn.
    If you know anybody who took the Thutt review I would definitely try to hit them up as that was basically all I studied in addition to the FAQ's on the NCBOP site and I did really well on it.

11. busy bee

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Congrats! If you don't mind, what review material did you use? I am a foreign graduate and I am so nervous. I am using pronto pass and i do not know if that is enough. Kindly help me.

12. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Congrats! That's great news! :hardy:

13. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Just got my license number! I still don't know what my score was on the NAPLEX, but I think this means I passed. :hardy::thumbup::D

14. busy bee

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
  15. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Thanks! Good luck with your exam... ProntoPass is a great source for the NAPLEX. I'm sure you'll do fine.:thumbup:

16. busy bee

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I hope i would pass like you guys. I am scheduled to take the test on the 26th but I am planning to move the date. I feel that I am not ready.:scared:

17. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Are you sure it's a good idea to move the exam? Are you just nervous or are you SURE that you are not ready for it? If it's just nerves you'd probably be better taking it and getting it completed and out of the way so you don't have to worry with it anymore.

Again, good luck!:thumbup:

18. jtwcamel

jtwcamel New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Im officially sick of studying, nothing else is sticking (besides these pharmaceutics additives Im gonna glance at before I go in) so Im headed to take the NAPLEX!

19. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I think we all come to that point! :laugh: I was definitely there! Good luck with the exam. It will feel great to have that finished, I promise! :)

20. jtwcamel

jtwcamel New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    It wasnt that bad. The worst part was the people at Pearson had to jump my car off bc I left my lights on! Its a little scary that I didnt that many of the questions were that hard being that its a progressive test but hopefully I was just overprepared.

21. busy bee

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I feel that i am not prepared because i haven't finished the topics that i should be done by now. Each time that i do Q & A there are subjects that i am good at but there are topics that i am very bad at. :scared: I am really tired of studying....

22. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I think it's going to be that way for anybody though... I have a handful of subjects that I know tons about, but I have another handful of subjects that I don't know much of anything about. (I know, scary! :laugh: ) I think as long as you have a general handle on the majority of stuff or at least the big topics you will be ok. Honestly, my exam didn't have a focus on any one subject...

23. PharmaTope

5+ Year Member

i am in the same boat. i take it saturday. i haven't finished topics in apha. apha is such a nightmare. way too much info that is hard for me to sort out what is important for the naplex and what is not. i been doing calculations this weekend bc i feel if i can get all the calculations correct then that will help a lot.

24. jtwcamel

jtwcamel New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    APHA is way too much info IMO. I definitely feel like I wasted days of my life reading it.

25. alwaystired

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    what would you recommend instead? I am at study burn-out. I did the law, but can't get back to studying for NAPLEX. I was considering just starting to look at classes of drugs and "winging" the disease state stuff if it comes up...

26. busy bee

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I am really grateful that you are helping us and uplifting us. :) I hope we will pass just like you.

27. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    That's probably a good idea... the test is definitely going to be more focused on drugs and less on disease states specifically.

If you could find a used copy of ProntoPass, it's great for studying the week or so before the test. I found that it didn't help me as much until I had actually reviewed some of the subjects.

28. jtwcamel

jtwcamel New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I would either just read the drug stuff from APHA or look at drug cards if you have them including OTC drug cards. We got the cards P1 year from SFI publishing I think. My buddy picked up OTC cards from the same source and they were really beneficial to me. Also try searching on www.flashcardexchange.com people put up their own study cards all the time. I have some with random generics and brands and HIV/Cancer stuff.

29. alwaystired

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I dug out my top 200 cards, although i worked retail all 3 years, so there aren't too many new things in the cards to me. I guess I am mostly just at study fatigue but will continue the APHA book until my test (8 days) but gloss over the disease state stuff, because it repeats itself a lot.

30. jtwcamel

jtwcamel New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    They need to hurry up and put my score online. Dont know how people handle having to wait for it in the mail.

31. drjmroxy

2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I know-- I'm going nuts waiting!

32. jtwcamel

jtwcamel New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I dont feel as bad then since I believe you took yours before me. I was starting to wonder if this meant I failed!

33. imperial frog

imperial frog Pharm.D
    5+ Year Member

Took the FL MPJE and got the results back in a week. Took the NAPLEX on Thursday and my intern license was inactivated on Tuesday afternoon. Found out as I was walking in to work today that my pharmacist license was up and running. Half hour later the letter to the state board making me the registered pharmacy manager was on the way.

34. Trancelucent1

Trancelucent1 Gator Girl :)
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Congrats James! I'm not taking mine until later next month :)

35. imperial frog

imperial frog Pharm.D
    5+ Year Member

Take one of our average PTX or MedChem exam, multiply the difficulty level by 0.33 (yes 0.33, not 1.33) and that's about the difficulty of the NAPLEX. Easiest exam I took over the last 4 years despite forgetting about 3/4 of the stuff we were taught.

Of course the waiting for the results was annoyingly nervewracking.

36. busy bee

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Congrats! Did you get a lot of calculations or patient profile?:( Thanks in advance

37. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    That's exactly how the exam was for me... nothing compared to the difficult level of the exams we were given in school. I guess that's a good thing! :thumbup:

I did get a lot of profiles, but honestly most of them weren't needed to answer the question. They were more stand alone questions.

38. imperial frog

imperial frog Pharm.D
    5+ Year Member

A lot of calculations but nothing harder than figuring ratios and concentrations...no mEqs or osmolarity types.

A few profiles but only 2-3 questions per profile...the hardest part about them was remembering to scroll all the way to the end of the profile otherwise you get a message telling you that you can't advance to the next question without doing so...most questions you didn't even have to look at the profiles to answer them.

39. Big10Golf

Just took the NAPLEX today, not bad, a lot of gimme questions, very few math (thank god) but those math questions that I did have were preitty simple....just hope I got enough to get a "75"--a lot of stat questions and immunization questions that I've never seen before...hopefully the odd questions were part of the test 35! And most of the questions you dont really need to look at the profile....wish me luck!!:love:

40. darl12345

2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    i got almost many patient profiles and only 7 calculations.i thought i would fail but i passed with 120 score.iam very weak in calculations luckily i got very few.....amazing rght?thanks to god.

all the best to those who are waiting for the result.

41. rx111

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hi folks

I am trying to study for Naplex from APha book but i just can’t remember anything:(. Any advice on what should I study and focus on?? any advice on other books or ProntoPass??

If you’ve just taken the naplex please share your thoughts,
    What topics to study for the most,
    Are there lots of drug drug interaction
    and dosage form and dosage questions??

I am really nervous please help
    I just received my ATT today

42. Rxgrl81

2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I just took the naplex today...
    i thought it was really really hard. I had bunch of interactions, almost no math, lots of hospital pharmacy questions, random drugs, lots of OTC questions. I felt like i was guessing way too often.
    Also i had very few kay type questions (this is whats scaring me the most, since its suppose to get harder), most of my questions were either profile based or stand alone questions.
    Did anyone else feel the same way and still pass???

I just really hope i pass, i am really scared :( :( :(