Just took Top Score 1, please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

user122

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I only have a few days left and I just took Top Score:

Bio: 19
GC: 19
OC: 19
PAT: 21
RC: 22
QR: 16

TS: 20
AA: 19

I am worried because I did way better on the 2009 ADA one a few days ago, and I am really worried about QR. I went through 10 Math Destroyer tests, and that's about it. What do you think I should do for math in the coming days to improve this? What about everything else? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

the best method I found fro QR which worked for me was SKIPPING!

As soon as you see a question that you either have to think about or takes too long (if you have to make 3+ equations and you cant do it in your head) SKIP it and mark it. If you know your basics you should have 10-15 questions marked at the end and 10-15 minutes left. If you get 50%-75% of those questions right you should get a decent score.

Also my scores increased dramatically once I started using a calculator.

Check out my breakdown, I have my ADA and Topscore scores there

As soon as you see a question that you either have to think about or takes too long (if you have to make 3+ equations and you cant do it in your head) SKIP it and mark it. If you know your basics you should have 10-15 questions marked at the end and 10-15 minutes left. If you get 50%-75% of those questions right you should get a decent score.

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense, I am going to use this strategy for the next practice test I take. How did you think the real one compared to top score?

Yeah honestly, I am really good at math (been getting 20+ on all my pactice qrt's)
I usually do all the math in my head, idk why. Use a calculator. Dont make stupid mistakes. They give you one, take advantage. I switched over to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took the next one and got:

19 BIO
19 GC
19 OC
23 PAT
22 RC
18 QR

19 AA
19 TS

So I went up for QR after using the strategy, do you guys think I should be ok for the real thing? Last time I took it I got a 16 on the real one

hey,
Yeah I remember when I took TopScore, I FREAKED OUT so bad. I'm naturally good at math, but I got like, 18-19 on the first two TopScore tests. I just couldn't finish. But on the actual test, I had like 5 minutes remaining, and I ended up getting a 24 on QR. So, don't freak out! The best thing to do is, first, take a deep breath. And as people have been saying, skip. As soon as you realize that you slightly don't understand a question, or that it might take a lot of work/time, then skip it. You're much better off answering an easy question than trying to tackle the hard one. You'll find that you have so much more time left, and even if you still don't know how to answer the hard ones you can always just randomly guess.

hey,
Yeah I remember when I took TopScore, I FREAKED OUT so bad. I'm naturally good at math, but I got like, 18-19 on the first two TopScore tests. I just couldn't finish. But on the actual test, I had like 5 minutes remaining, and I ended up getting a 24 on QR. So, don't freak out! The best thing to do is, first, take a deep breath. And as people have been saying, skip. As soon as you realize that you slightly don't understand a question, or that it might take a lot of work/time, then skip it. You're much better off answering an easy question than trying to tackle the hard one. You'll find that you have so much more time left, and even if you still don't know how to answer the hard ones you can always just randomly guess.
Thanks! How much in advance did you take the Top Score test before the actual DAT?