Just UW qbank for medicine shelf???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swtiepie711

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search & couldnt seem to find a post about this.

Anyone just use UW for the medicine shelf? How did it work out?

I cruised through most of StepUp a few months ago on family medicine and retained about 2% :( . I've worked through most of MKSAP and am starting on UW. I don't have much time (just over 3 weeks until the shelf) and am trying to decide if I should re-read step up (since retained so little on 1st pass) or just do as much UW as possible.

Any advice, greatly appreciated. Thanks & best of luck, everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Do as much of UW as possible!! I was working on questions up until midnight the night before the shelf. In 3 weeks with some solid work you can likely get through at least 2/3 of the IM questions and maybe more depending on your style.

I read a shorter book (Essentials for the Internal Medicine Clerkship) and learned nothing. I did MKSAP 4 and learned nothing. Then I started UW about 5 weeks out and used that alone for the rest of the time, using Step Up to look up anything I wasn't clear about. By no means did I read any significant portion of Step Up. I ended up with a 96 raw.

Do as much of UW as possible!! I was working on questions up until midnight the night before the shelf. In 3 weeks with some solid work you can likely get through at least 2/3 of the IM questions and maybe more depending on your style.

I read a shorter book (Essentials for the Internal Medicine Clerkship) and learned nothing. I did MKSAP 4 and learned nothing. Then I started UW about 5 weeks out and used that alone for the rest of the time, using Step Up to look up anything I wasn't clear about. By no means did I read any significant portion of Step Up. I ended up with a 96 raw.

Thanks, psammoma! Have you taken Step2? Do you have any thoughts about using UW for medicine shelf AND step 2 (vs,. just saving it for step 2?) Thx again!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought UW helped for my medicine shelf so I would go with that. Not as much for Step 2ck.

What is different about the CK from the medicine shelf?
I hear that CK is something like 80% internal medicine.

If you are averaging 65-70 what does that roughly correlate to?