FiremedicMike

7+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
At 33, I had my first surgery ever this week, shoulder surgery. I know the orthopod usually takes all the glory, but the physician anesthesiologist was wonderful. He calmed me down significantly before surgery by talking to me, gave me some wonderful premedications (I'll assume versed/fent), did a fantastic block, and then surgery went off without a hitch.

Anyhow, I'd bet you guys don't get enough credit in the OR, so here's a thanks from me to all of you for what you do.

Reactions: inmyslumber and FFP

FFP

Wiseguy
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Thank You!

When my patients ask me why I chose anesthesiology I tell them that I am a sucker for immediate satisfaction; there is nothing that comes close to my patient's post-op smile.

Mman

10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
At 33, I had my first surgery ever this week, shoulder surgery. I know the orthopod usually takes all the glory, but the physician anesthesiologist was wonderful. He calmed me down significantly before surgery by talking to me, gave me some wonderful premedications (I'll assume versed/fent), did a fantastic block, and then surgery went off without a hitch.

Anyhow, I'd bet you guys don't get enough credit in the OR, so here's a thanks from me to all of you for what you do.
Glad you did well. While none of us are in this for the glory, it's always nice to hear after the fact of a good experience. Because we certainly hear about it when it doesn't go well...