Just Wanted To Share........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myID

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my co-workers and I decided to go get some Chinese food for lunch today. While we were there she was asking me a lot of questions about the whole application process and what specialty I am interested in. Anyway, just as I finished my sentence about what kind of doctor I want to be, I cracked open my fortune cookie and it said....."You could prosper in the field of medicine." Well, I took that as a sign and called my parents to tell them to be ready. Two hours later they called and told me that there was a big envelope waiting for me at home. My first acceptance! I am definitely laminating this fortune and bringing it with me when I take the boards.

Members don't see this ad.

damn, talk about good fortune! Congrat!!! Which school you got into?

Congrats!:clap: :clap: :clap: It was faith!

Members don't see this ad :)
wow... and i've never believed in fortune cookies.

congratulations! :clap:

Originally posted by allmightylong
damn, talk about good fortune! Congrat!!! Which school you got into?

I got into Drexel. I know a lot of people bad mouth it, but I really liked it when I interviewed and could see myself being very happy there.

Ahh, screw those who looks down on Drexel or any other med school for that matter..I would love to be accepted to Drexel next year! Congrat again.

Was that the big envelope that your mother layed out for you?

congratulations! like allmighty said, don't listen to what people have said about drexel. i don't think a single med school has gone unscathed on the sdn boards. your opinion of the school is what counts and it sounds like you'll be really happy there. :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by Pre-Dent-David
Was that the big envelope that your mother layed out for you? [/QUOTE

Maybe you should learn a little bit about a person before trying to insult them. I worked three different jobs while I was in school. After I graduated I had a really hard time finding a job, and knew that I would never be able to afford my rent and bills if I were going to try to apply to Medical School. So after being on my own for 5 1/2 years, my parents graciously let me move back home so that I could afford to apply to school. I am very proud of myself and the fact that I will not only be going to school in the fall, but also maintained excellent credit and have almost no debt. So please, don't try to ruin this day for me.

The line I said was just a joke from seinfeld.

Well if you weren't trying to insult me than I apologize for getting defensive. I celebrated with sushi and saki tonight and maybe had a little too much of both.

Originally posted by myID
Originally posted by Pre-Dent-David
Was that the big envelope that your mother layed out for you? [/QUOTE

Maybe you should learn a little bit about a person before trying to insult them. I worked three different jobs while I was in school. After I graduated I had a really hard time finding a job, and knew that I would never be able to afford my rent and bills if I were going to try to apply to Medical School. So after being on my own for 5 1/2 years, my parents graciously let me move back home so that I could afford to apply to school. I am very proud of myself and the fact that I will not only be going to school in the fall, but also maintained excellent credit and have almost no debt. So please, don't try to ruin this day for me.

Mad props to you, man. That is awesome. Drexel is a good school...don't let any grass-smoker here take anything away from this achievement....

I am gonna get me some mo' fortune cookies these day...thanx for sharing..

Dont worry about it. If you dont watch the show then you wouldnt catch the allusion. Congrats.

Members don't see this ad :)
another fortune cookie story!

the power and grace of that magical cookie....frame it forever...and pass it on to friends and family that will soon need it to help them get acceptances as well.

I had a similar experience, however, mine said, "Good fortune will come by mail." Not quite as specific as yours, but I took it as a good sign anyway and I was accepted shortly after.

A very hardy congatulations to you my friend.........I have also been one of the lucky ones granted an awesome fortune by the fortune cookie gods. It said "you will soon hear good news", and shortly thereafter, I did!!!

BUT, this weekend, I got the WEAKEST fortune EVER...it says

"You have chosen to eat at this fine chinese restaraunt"

THATS IT!!!! Nothing else,,,,,,what a stupid fortune. I swear, the fortune cookie gods are just trying to mess with my head. I better sacrifice a bull to them, or better yet, a kung-pao chicken :hardy:

i keep getting fortunes that say "You love chinese food"

im talking like 3 of that same fortune in one cookie, i must really love it!

Congrats, thats such a great story!

:clap:

Great story about the fortune cookie and great story about her life.

Gotta give props where props are due, we all need/deserve a pat on the back once in a while.

that's an awesome cookie. i'm gonna have to start eating fortune cookies now. it really said medical field? what if somebody got it who wasn't going to med school? that's really freaky.

that's an awesome cookie. i'm gonna have to start eating fortune cookies now. it really said medical field? what if somebody got it who wasn't going to med school? that's really freaky.

Originally posted by musiclink213
it really said medical field?

Yes, it really said medical field. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. If I had a scanner I would post a picture of it on this web site so you all could print out a copy. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Originally posted by myID
I got into Drexel. I know a lot of people bad mouth it, but I really liked it when I interviewed and could see myself being very happy there.

Hon, most people who apply to med school don't even get in. You will be in good company at Drexel. That is so awesome, way to go, and what a frickin' freaky fortune!