• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Just Wanted To Share........

myID

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2004
California
    One of my co-workers and I decided to go get some Chinese food for lunch today. While we were there she was asking me a lot of questions about the whole application process and what specialty I am interested in. Anyway, just as I finished my sentence about what kind of doctor I want to be, I cracked open my fortune cookie and it said....."You could prosper in the field of medicine." Well, I took that as a sign and called my parents to tell them to be ready. Two hours later they called and told me that there was a big envelope waiting for me at home. My first acceptance! I am definitely laminating this fortune and bringing it with me when I take the boards.

About the Ads

Syranope2

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jan 21, 2004
    Colorado
      congratulations! like allmighty said, don't listen to what people have said about drexel. i don't think a single med school has gone unscathed on the sdn boards. your opinion of the school is what counts and it sounds like you'll be really happy there. :clap: :clap:

myID

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jan 11, 2004
      California
        Originally posted by Pre-Dent-David
        Was that the big envelope that your mother layed out for you? [/QUOTE

Maybe you should learn a little bit about a person before trying to insult them. I worked three different jobs while I was in school. After I graduated I had a really hard time finding a job, and knew that I would never be able to afford my rent and bills if I were going to try to apply to Medical School. So after being on my own for 5 1/2 years, my parents graciously let me move back home so that I could afford to apply to school. I am very proud of myself and the fact that I will not only be going to school in the fall, but also maintained excellent credit and have almost no debt. So please, don't try to ruin this day for me.

dEEpEyEs

Membership Revoked
        Removed
        15+ Year Member
        Dec 7, 2002
        CA
          Originally posted by myID
          Originally posted by Pre-Dent-David
          Was that the big envelope that your mother layed out for you? [/QUOTE

Maybe you should learn a little bit about a person before trying to insult them. I worked three different jobs while I was in school. After I graduated I had a really hard time finding a job, and knew that I would never be able to afford my rent and bills if I were going to try to apply to Medical School. So after being on my own for 5 1/2 years, my parents graciously let me move back home so that I could afford to apply to school. I am very proud of myself and the fact that I will not only be going to school in the fall, but also maintained excellent credit and have almost no debt. So please, don't try to ruin this day for me.

Mad props to you, man. That is awesome. Drexel is a good school...don't let any grass-smoker here take anything away from this achievement....

I am gonna get me some mo' fortune cookies these day...thanx for sharing..

About the Ads

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
          Oct 11, 2003
          1. Fellow [Any Field]
            I had a similar experience, however, mine said, "Good fortune will come by mail." Not quite as specific as yours, but I took it as a good sign anyway and I was accepted shortly after.

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
            10+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Sep 30, 2002
            1. Resident [Any Field]
              A very hardy congatulations to you my friend.........I have also been one of the lucky ones granted an awesome fortune by the fortune cookie gods. It said "you will soon hear good news", and shortly thereafter, I did!!!

BUT, this weekend, I got the WEAKEST fortune EVER...it says

"You have chosen to eat at this fine chinese restaraunt"

THATS IT!!!! Nothing else,,,,,,what a stupid fortune. I swear, the fortune cookie gods are just trying to mess with my head. I better sacrifice a bull to them, or better yet, a kung-pao chicken :hardy:

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Oct 10, 2003
              LA2DC and back again...
              1. Resident [Any Field]
                Originally posted by myID
                I got into Drexel. I know a lot of people bad mouth it, but I really liked it when I interviewed and could see myself being very happy there.

Hon, most people who apply to med school don't even get in. You will be in good company at Drexel. That is so awesome, way to go, and what a frickin' freaky fortune!

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.