Just went to UPENN interview..GREAT!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slutskya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone for encouraging me to visit UPenn. I'm so glad I visited the school. The campus, faculty, and students are great. They have an excellent curriculum. I think my interview went well. I also took everyone's advice about using Lady Liberty and taking a taxi back to the airport. I can't wait to hear back from the admissions committee. Anyone who interviewed and got accepted, how long did you wait for a response? Thanks.:hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

So if you get in Penn will you chose Penn over OHSU?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back December 3rd after interviewing October 5th or so. I'm not sure how quickly they get back these days.

So if you get in Penn will you chose Penn over OHSU?

This is a really tough question. I'd have to sit down and look at both schools carefully. I loved Penn (campus, students, faculty, and curriculum) but then there's the cost issue. OHSU is a great school also. It's definitely cheaper. The campus is also beautiful, nice city, good program. It'll be tough. At this point, I don't have an answer.

If they want you, you will find out soon. I interviewed in Jan and found out in 10 days (call the admissions office).

If you let Corky know during your chat with her that you have to notify other schools soon, they are very willing to work with you on it. I interviewed on Feb 1, and had a deposit due for another school by the 15th. I let her know that on the interview date, and she said that the adcoms would do their best to give me an early decision (without it affecting the decision).

Sure enough, when I called in on Feb 11, I was accepted! I really appreciated that they worked it around like that. They do truly want you to end up where you belong, and have things go smoothly.

If you let Corky know during your chat with her that you have to notify other schools soon, they are very willing to work with you on it. I interviewed on Feb 1, and had a deposit due for another school by the 15th. I let her know that on the interview date, and she said that the adcoms would do their best to give me an early decision (without it affecting the decision).

Sure enough, when I called in on Feb 11, I was accepted! I really appreciated that they worked it around like that. They do truly want you to end up where you belong, and have things go smoothly.

Sounds like real awsome school~
I wish every school is like that.

I'm having a similar experience with PENN, but I got my answer back on 27th, which was 20 days after the interview via snail mail. They ask you to bring it up during your meeting with Corky, which as someone else implied is a mini-interview in itself. They call this, "deposit squeeze." Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were willing to work with you on this kind of issue. Congrats to those who are accepted and good luck to those who are awaiting their results.

so who's coming for sure? join the FB group 'upenn dental 2012' can't wait to meet everyone!