Just wondering: do schools reject you prematurely before the recieve the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothhornet88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application last month but I'm taking the DAT August 11th so I was wondering. please answer

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application last month but I'm taking the DAT August 11th so I was wondering. please answer

I doubt that would happen unless your GPA is horrific and/or is under the minimum requirement.

ppl from last years cycle have posted they've been rejected before their dat was in. one guy was really pissed and kept complaining how temple rejected him without his dat. thats all i know

Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejected from Indiana before mine was in.

Have a SGPA 3.77 and OGPA 3.88 and my DAT wasnt uploaded yet. Ended up with a 23AA with no score under 20. O well there are other schools out there, at least they didnt request a secondary fee then reject me.

I was rejected from Indiana University w/o my DAT being in yet. (Took it mid July). My GPA is 3.7 with scGPA of 3.54

I was rejected from Indiana University w/o my DAT being in yet. (Took it mid July). My GPA is 3.7 with scGPA of 3.54

Are you OOS for Indiana? That is my only guess on how we were rejected so soon.

Whats up with Indiana rejecting everyone. Scare me.

Indiana has 31% OOS. This might be the reason.

Yes I am OOS for IU. But nonetheless, have a somewhat competitive DAT 22AA 22TS so I was disappointed with the early rejection.

are all the rejections coming from the 6/27 batch, or is it a mix?

the only 2 people that i know that go to Indiana have gotten their master's...it looks like roughly 20% of students at Indiana have gotten their master's. dont know though...they do seem to be handing out a lot of rejections.