Juvenile record and medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoping4medschl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Hopeful medical school student here. I will (fingers crossed) be applying this coming cycle.

What is a juvenile adjudication? I am just trying to understand how I will have to answer the question on AMCAS so I can prepare myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
"adjudicated as a juvenile" means that you were in the criminal justice system as a youngster (laws vary as to what is a juvenile in criminal matters, it isn't the same as being a minor which is usually under 18 years of age).

If you were in juvenile court, you were adjudicated as a juvenile.

Members don't see this ad :)
Contact a lawyer to see if it needs to be mentioned.

medical schools do not do international level background checks as far as i know.

medical schools do not do international level background checks as far as i know.

hmm.. i see.
"International criminal records searches are generally performed by facilitating the applicant in obtaining an official police clearance or police certificate from the desired country. " - http://www.certiphi.com/SubPage_NoHead_2Box.aspx?PostingID=176&ChannelID=43

Makes me think about how reliable these reports are if they are from third world countries in some cases.

hmm.. i see.
"International criminal records searches are generally performed by facilitating the applicant in obtaining an official police clearance or police certificate from the desired country. " - http://www.certiphi.com/SubPage_NoHead_2Box.aspx?PostingID=176&ChannelID=43

Makes me think about how reliable these reports are if they are from third world countries in some cases.

I agree. With that said, I did not live in a third world country.

I read some other postings on SDN, and saw a few others say that if Certiphi finds juvenile records, they will list it on the report to the applicant (ie. me), but would not report it to the school.

I agree. With that said, I did not live in a third world country.

I read some other postings on SDN, and saw a few others say that if Certiphi finds juvenile records, they will list it on the report to the applicant (ie. me), but would not report it to the school.

yes but keep in mind that many schools ask more detailed criminal background questions. some schools ask about arrests, even juvenile ones.