Juy PCAT/ fall 2011 admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmvsu

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on applying early in Fall 2011. I can begin applying as soon as August 1 and the deadline is Feb 2. I am taking to pcat for the 1st time Jan 22 and I was planning on taking it again in July. If I take the PCAT in July will I be able to use those scores when I apply in the Fall or will it be too late? Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I think that you may have a big problem; Most schools do NOT use the January PCAT for admission in that year's application cycle. I think that some may do so, but when I took the PCAT in January of 2010 (scored 99th percentile), I was told by my choice of schools that they do not look at the January PCAT for admission for the Fall of 2010.

I am pretty sure he means that he is taking the PCAT on the 22nd of this month, but is not applying until this Fall.

If you take it again in July, you will definitely be able to use those scores for when you apply. That's not a problem at all.

sorry If I wasnt clear. But chemguy you hit the nail on the head. Thank you for posting. thats a relief to know, I was worried about it. thanks again!!

Last edited:
In your edit reason in your last post, you say that you want to apply in 2011 so you can start in Spring of 2012. What school allows you to start in the Spring? When I answered, I had assumed that you were applying to a school that has a normal application process and starts the program in the Fall. I wasn't actually aware of schools that allow students to start in the Spring rather than the Fall. While July is still a really early test date, you might want to check with the school you are applying to just to make sure it is acceptable.