KA C/P P1 Q3 - Heart Modeling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aurevoir0711

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question shown here

I simply don't understand the explanation because the diagram and information from passage do not match with the explanation.

Hint 1
At point C, no fluid flow is occurring in the heart

From Passage
At point C, aortic valve is OPEN. Pressure keeps increasing and blood is ejected.

Hint 2
Pressure increases equilibrate very quickly when a fluid is stationary (The passage just said fluid is moving out!)

Hint 3
The hydrostatic pressure in the valve and the chamber are EQUAL via Pascal’s principle

If the fluid was trapped in a closed space, this would make sense. This question and one previous one both have same issues where explanation does not match with the passage information. I think KA must have messed up with labeling the pathway or used wrong path for questions 2 and 3.

Similar mismatch happens in question 2 as well where they say the fluid flow occurs in path BC, but that is not what is shown in the diagram or the graph.

Based on explanation and for them to match with passage information, question 2 should say AB and question 3 should say BC.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

I would sincerely appreciate your insight.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hint1 = Depends on what happens first, if i remember it correctly the semilunar valves opens first followed by the AP from the purkinje fibers which allow Flow of blood towards the aorta by increasing the pressure within it. Hence, the opening of the Semilunar valve doesn't directly correlated to Blood flow, it's the contraction of the ventricle due to the action of the AP from Purkinje fibers which is the direct cause. (As well as, the difference in pressure between the LV and the arteries). So, in a way Hint 1 is kind have true.

Hint2 = idk how this help answering the question, but it;s true. During the cardiac cycle, the fluid is stationary in the RA , RV , LA and LV, resulting in dramatic increase in pressure which allows the fluid to be propel into the next chamber.

hint3 = Just looking at the figure, it's say cardiac Cycle. So isn't the heart a closed space?

And i would appreciate it if you posted Q2 and 3 as well, however, there is fluid flow occurring in B ---> C because the Aortic valve and semi-lunar valve of the left heart are reciprocal, that is when one is closed the other is open. The passage suggest that the Aortic valve opens at C meaning that the semilunar valve remains open up until C, still in this case , it looks as if the increase in Pressure is sending fluid back into the pulmonary arteries which is a bit odd to me (based on the diagram).