Kaiser Jobs for new GI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

criznazy53

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was looking for for some advice on what its like to work at Kaiser Permanente. I saw this article. Curious how accurate this is and what others thought

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would think Kaiser can be a good fit for lots of people. What do you want in a job?

Hi,
I was looking for for some advice on what its like to work at Kaiser Permanente. I saw this article. Curious how accurate this is and what others thought

Thanks.
Not a kaiser doc but know several.

There are pros and cons for working at Kaiser:

Pros: great benefits (pension), usually decent starting salary, don't have to worry about finding patients/business/practice management. Removes finances from patient care as all your patients have the same insurance, use the same formulary, and your pay doesn't depend on what you do or don't do for the patient.

Cons: Very little control: Of your own schedule. Of your office staff, of the overall culture, of the equipment you use, etc. Lower salary ceiling that at most private practices. You can feel like a cog in the machine. Things are done "the Kaiser way" which you will have little power to control and may or may not be the way you want to practice.

That being said, there can be a lot of variation between departments, even at the same kaiser institution, so it's worth exploring if you're interested