Kansas City + Fayetteville + St. Louis job markets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stlmo314

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was planning on attending UMKC SOP next year and these are the 3 cities I feel as though I am the most likely to end up in (if the jobs are available). I was wondering if any pharmacists who practice in/near these areas could give me a rundown on the job market.
Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
I was planning on attending UMKC SOP next year and these are the 3 cities I feel as though I am the most likely to end up in (if the jobs are available). I was wondering if any pharmacists who practice in/near these areas could give me a rundown on the job market.
Thanks guys.
St. Louis is tough with StLCOP there and then SIUE right across the river.

Arkansas has 2 pharmacy programs (U of A in Little Rock and Harding College of Pharmacy in Searcy) and not a lot of jobs around Fayetteville.

Definitely easier to find retail work over hospital. It's not impossible but there is a certain amount of luck involved unless you know someone where you want to move.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kansas City is pretty slim. Even retail is wanting "1-3 years experience as retail pharmacist". I'm a recent grad and there are still people in my class who have not found a job. Many have moved out of the state. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.