Kansas City (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my secondary on Monday. Going to try and submit it this weekend.

Members don't see this ad.

Got my secondary on Monday. Going to try and submit it this weekend.

Good luck with your app -- I found the secondary to be pretty simple because they provided me with a TON of information about the school through snail mail, emails, etc.

Also... for those who have applied already, how do we check our admissions status? I haven't even received an acknowledgement email :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
After realizing my application to Western U Pomona and Lebanon were one in the same, I decided to add one more school to my list. Just submitted my application here. A bit late, but oh well.

2 questions about the secondary:

1. When it asks if your education is continuous, do they mean that I just had all the regular breaks or that if I matriculate to KCUMB from college, my education will be continuous? I graduated in 2011, but my education from 1st grade-college was continuous if that's what they're asking....

2. Is an ER scribe a "medical professional"?

2 questions about the secondary:

1. When it asks if your education is continuous, do they mean that I just had all the regular breaks or that if I matriculate to KCUMB from college, my education will be continuous? I graduated in 2011, but my education from 1st grade-college was continuous if that's what they're asking....

2. Is an ER scribe a "medical professional"?
1. They just want to know if you did the 4 years continuous. Which means that you have not taken some unscheduled time off from school and plan to go from undergrad to medical school. Therefore summer, spring, and fall breaks are okay.

2. Medical profession can be defined as anything in the medical field in which you went some type of formal training in a professional school. So, I would considered ER Scribe to be one.

Hope this helps.

1. They just want to know if you did the 4 years continuous. Which means that you have not taken some unscheduled time off from school and plan to go from undergrad to medical school. Therefore summer, spring, and fall breaks are okay.

2. Medical profession can be defined as anything in the medical field in which you went some type of formal training in a professional school. So, I would considered ER Scribe to be one.

Hope this helps.

Got it. Thanks for the responses!

received a cool packet in the mail today about the university but have yet to hear anything about a secondary or get a single email from them... anyone else in this boat?
z

I don't think either of these positions are medical professionals. I believe those are typically positions where you are participating in patient care. Not working (for money/professionally) in the medical field.

Yeah I ended up saying no. I didn't go to a professional scribe school ha. Just a week of training in a computer lab. Worst case if KCUMB believes it is, they have my AACOMAS and letters of recommendation to know I was a scribe and how I did there.

Submitted today!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think so IMO.

As a scribe I didn't go to any kind of professional school, only a 2 day training session. I also don't treat patients. I am a healthcare worker, but not a medical professional.

Oh my mistake, I thought the question said "healthcare worker".

Not worth worrying about though -- it's not like it's going to be a deal-breaker on any admissions decision.

Released my primary on 7/19 and still havent got a secondary! Anyone else still waiting??

I need to stop being lazy and just submit the secondary! I have four interviews so I kind of don't want to, but maybe I should...

I need to stop being lazy and just submit the secondary! I have four interviews so I kind of don't want to, but maybe I should...

KCUMB is a really good school. If anything, I'd be lazy with... other... institutions.

KCUMB is a really good school. If anything, I'd be lazy with... other... institutions.

I know, but I already have interviews at DMU, AZCOM, CCOM, and ATSU-KCOM... all of which are also good schools :D I'm not picky about where I go and I currently live in Des Moines so DMU is my top choice.

I know, but I already have interviews at DMU, AZCOM, CCOM, and ATSU-KCOM... all of which are also good schools :D I'm not picky about where I go and I currently live in Des Moines so DMU is my top choice.

Haha that changes things dude! I'd take DMU or CCOM over KCUMB. Best of luck with your interviews -- that's a great selection of schools!

Haha that changes things dude! I'd take DMU or CCOM over KCUMB. Best of luck with your interviews -- that's a great selection of schools!

Thanks so much! I probably will still complete KCUMB just in case but I'm going to let myself be a little lazy on this one. Best of luck to you as well!

Still getting the error page when trying to get to the second page of the secondary....The admissions reset my application and it still isn't working :(

Tried in FF on 4 different computers.

what are you stats if you dont mind me asking? I have KCOM interview as well but im an underdog :)

I have a question for you all.. KCUMB sent me a letter saying they are not giving me a secondary at this time.. I find it quite interesting that my AACOMAS has pending MCAT (i get my score in 4 days) and they made a decision before my score came in.. All of my other stats are at or above their requirements but does that seem odd to you guys that they would do that?

I have a question for you all.. KCUMB sent me a letter saying they are not giving me a secondary at this time.. I find it quite interesting that my AACOMAS has pending MCAT (i get my score in 4 days) and they made a decision before my score came in.. All of my other stats are at or above their requirements but does that seem odd to you guys that they would do that?

I was concerned about this happening to me and when I emailed them they said they will review your application as is and will re-review it when updates are made. Just make sure you checkin frequently

After they get your score they should send you a secondary

I was concerned about this happening to me and when I emailed them they said they will review your application as is and will re-review it when updates are made. Just make sure you checkin frequently

After they get your score they should send you a secondary

Thanks, that's what I was thinking they would do but just wanted to see if it happened to anyone else..

Thanks, that's what I was thinking they would do but just wanted to see if it happened to anyone else..

It's just really important to take the initiative to follow-up. But I'd give them about 3-4 weeks after AACOMAS sends the new score.

No secondary yet for me even tho my cGPA and MCAT are above their minimum. Thinking about emailing them, what email address are you guys using for them?

Trying to submit my payment for the secondary.. page is timing out?

Just submitted a primary to this school...I decided to apply because I am realizing that there is no way I will be able to attend schools such as CCOM and AZCOM and most likely NSU due to ridiculous tuition and living expenses and policies for international applicants. Good luck everyone.

Hey docmayer - where are you from? I'm a 2nd yr at KCUMB and am from Canada.

Hey I am from Windsor/London Ontario and go to UWO. Hbu? Do you mind if I PM you some questions about the school?

Hey Muffles, Im from SW Ontario and moved to St.louis with my family in hs. where ru from in Canada!!! woo! :) KCUMB is my #1 school hopefully see u next year eh... BTW what is with all the Canadians in Missouri!!? We are seriously taking over. I have this obnoxious Canadian hockey sticker on the back of my car, do you know how many people beep at me and say im canadian too! lol

Last edited:
Hey Bijoux22- I'm from TO. There's 1 other Canadian (actually dual citizen) in my class but I've run into a few people around here with ties to Canada. Most of my classmates like to here my "Canadianisms". I never realized how often I actually say "eh".

Interview Invite via email about twenty minutes ago.

If anyone is going to have a car in the area and wants to get a little cash for taking to/from airport, PM me.

I interview September 6th and will come in the 5th, leave the 6th.

Just got an interview here!! :)

I signed up for the Sept 6th and picked that I would like to stay with a current student. Does any current med student know when we find out if we can do this and get to know who? Also, what is the best method for transportation? Thank you in advance.

Congrats on all the interview invites! They emailed me on the 7th telling me I'm not yet complete because they don't have my LOR's (and they won't have them until close to the end of the month) but I'm definitely hoping for an invite when they get them!

For those of you with interview invites, what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Congrats on the interviews, everyone!! I suppose I should probably submit my secondary soon, hmm.....

Just received the secondary. Was beginning to get worried. Congrats on the interviews! I have heard they have a very high interview/acceptance ratio so that is a great sign for you guys. Good luck!

Interview Invite via email about twenty minutes ago.

Same here! Awesome news -- but I'll be waiting til the 3rd week of October for my interview so I can combine ATSU and KCUMB into one trip and save teh moneyz.

Stats: 3.4/30P

Congrats to everyone getting interviews!! Mind sharing your stats?