Kansas Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluefanatic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anbody hear back from KU yet? I called the admissions office earlier this week and they said all decisions were going to be mailed out Tuesday. Good luck to anyone waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

:luck: Still Chewing my nails....

Best wishes to us all!

yahabiby1 said:
:luck: Still Chewing my nails....

Best wishes to us all!

Todays mail just came....nothing...another day of waiting for the mailman now.

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck! :luck: :luck: :luck:

looking forward to seeing you all around campus next year!

Maybe we'll all have good luck on St Patricks day... :luck: But will we be drinking to celebrate :thumbup: or drinking to forget... :thumbdown:
I checked to see if the mail had come five times before it came... and then no letter :( I suspect a repeat performance tomorrow... except maybe it'll be there this time.

noelleruckman said:
Maybe we'll all have good luck on St Patricks day... :luck: But will we be drinking to celebrate :thumbup: or drinking to forget... :thumbdown:
I checked to see if the mail had come five times before it came... and then no letter :( I suspect a repeat performance tomorrow... except maybe it'll be there this time.

I'm hoping for the luck of the Irish as well! Good luck tomorrow (hopefully) to everyone!!! I hate the waiting!!!! :) :luck: :luck: :luck:

there is no way they went out tuesday... more likely it was yesterday, because I live five minutes from the med center and I haven't heard yet... I am thinking we should hear tomorrow! Good luck everyone!

It would still take the same amount of turn around time for the post office to deliver in town versus 300 miles away. They still process the letter the same way.

Ok, so if it doesn't come today who is going to be "that applicant" and call. Honestly I don't know if I can wait through the weekend. At this point I want to know so that I can move on.
Good luck to all who are waiting and lets cross our fingers that it is in the mail today!

rockchalkdoc said:
Ok, so if it doesn't come today who is going to be "that applicant" and call. Honestly I don't know if I can wait through the weekend. At this point I want to know so that I can move on.
Good luck to all who are waiting and lets cross our fingers that it is in the mail today!

Where the **** is my mailman? Hes usually here right around 11...of all days to be behind schedule.

While knowing your fate is in the mail, is an overall stressful feeling, it does give me comfort knowing that there are others in the same boat. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
rockchalkdoc said:
While knowing your fate is in the mail, is an overall stressful feeling, it does give me comfort knowing that there are others in the same boat. :)

Arggggggghhhh!!! Mine wasn't in the mail today! I was so prepared for it today, and I don't think I can handle this waiting anymore! Did you guys get yours today? I'm outta state, so if you guys did, maybe that would be why i didn't get mine. Let me know before I go :eek: insane...

mlemed said:
Arggggggghhhh!!! Mine wasn't in the mail today! I was so prepared for it today, and I don't think I can handle this waiting anymore! Did you guys get yours today? I'm outta state, so if you guys did, maybe that would be why i didn't get mine. Let me know before I go :eek: insane...

Just call, if you are in they WILL tell you over the phone.

Oh, that is just mean, I don't know if I can call now. This is what I imagine:
Me: "Hello, my name is Such and Such I was wondering if had been accepted?"
Them: "Let me check, here is your file, oh, ohhhh, I see, ummmm, I am sorry we can't release that information over the phone."
Me: " So I didn't get in? At least it is St. Pat's day, I am off to drink my sorrows away"

Well, here's how mine went (in November):

Me: "Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to check on the status of my application?"
Them: "(after asking for my name, AMCAS) Hold on."
(tick tock, tick tock)
Them: "(after verifying my social security number and address) It looks like you were made an offer of an acceptance. Congratulations!"

It really was THAT simple.

Just call, you know you want to ;)

I just called and they said that they went out on Tuesday, and that I should get the letter tomorrow if I didn't get it today. I'm not sure if that means I didn't get in, but they didn't even ask for my name over the phone or anything. One more day to wait I guess... :(

mlemed said:
I just called and they said that they went out on Tuesday, and that I should get the letter tomorrow if I didn't get it today. I'm not sure if that means I didn't get in, but they didn't even ask for my name over the phone or anything. One more day to wait I guess... :(

Relax. I bet they have a ton of people calling for information and are having to harden the lines of communication.

nefarious said:
Relax. I bet they have a ton of people calling for information and are having to harden the lines of communication.
I am wondering if KU has already sent out rejections. I know that they have already accepted some people, but have they rejected folks as well?

yahabiby1 said:
I am wondering if KU has already sent out rejections. I know that they have already accepted some people, but have they rejected folks as well?

yahabiby, did you get a letter today?

NOP! another empty day at the mailbox

yahabiby1 said:

The "Wall of Shame" here has no KU entries. Not that it means much, but it is a nice random (somewhat) sample of the applicant population.

I imagine the March mailing included the formal rejections for those people who didn't receive an interview.

Good luck to all of you heading home to check the mailbox. :luck:

I asking about this ~hundred people that will be rejected post interview. Do you think those rejections have been sent out, or at least some.

I wonder how much of a role does the interview play in the whole part...

Nevermind, looks like the alternate list is already out!

nefarious said:
All BUT 100 will be rejected post-interview in May. However, I don't think any applicant who interviewed will be rejected before then. It sucks, but they hate having to go too deeply into their ranked waitlist so they hold off creating one for as long as possible.

I don't think that is correct; if I am understanding you correctly :)

Last year, I received my letter from KU in March.. same as I will here in a few days. I was a certain number on the wait list. They told me that they had mailed out the acceptances to fill the rest of the class, waitlisted 100 people, and rejected the rest of those who had already interviewed. They have already created their waitlist, as the letters they are sending out now, have each persons outcome; acceptance, waitlist positions, or rejection.

I got my letter today and I am an alternate, so the alternate list is out there. They sent out a letter to everyone who interviewed and it will be accepted, rejected or waitlisted. Good Luck to everyone, any if you are accepted and decide not to go for whatever reason that would be great ;)

rockchalkdoc said:
I got my letter today and I am an alternate, so the alternate list is out there. They sent out a letter to everyone who interviewed and it will be accepted, rejected or waitlisted. Good Luck to everyone, any if you are accepted and decide not to go for whatever reason that would be great ;)

Cool, I stand corrected then. I didn't really pay attention to that part of the interview day because, well, waitlisting wasn't exactly on my mind. Glad to know that, unlike many schools, they're not into stringing people along.

noelleruckman: CONGRATS!

Rockchalk: Don't give up hope, there is waitlist movement. Do you mind if I ask what number on the list you were? This year, the students told me how much the waitlist moved the previous four years and it really varied; three years ago they moved about 70 kids from the waitlist. Last year, only about 23 or so.

Noelleruckman: congrats!! Is this your first acceptance, and if so, doesn't it feel great?!

Here's to hoping my letter comes tomorrow and not Monday.

gbleeker: I thought you were already decided on Creighton? Weren't you the guy decidedly unhappy about KU's laptop requirement?

Big envelope or small envelope?

I am 33. Here are the numbers they reached in the past 2005: 25, 2004: 62, 2003: 48, 2002: 23, 2001: 37, 2000: 33 Good luck to those still waiting!

yahabiby1 said:
Big envelope or small envelope?

I got a small envelope and was accepted. They said at the interview that everyone gets a small envelope the first time. Its later that all the extra information gets sent.

Did anyone else just get an email about financial aid/scholarship application deadlines? I didn't get anything in the mail today, but just got this email addressed "Dear alternates." Guess this means I'm waitlisted?

SuzieQ3417 said:
Did anyone else just get an email about financial aid/scholarship application deadlines? I didn't get anything in the mail today, but just got this email addressed "Dear alternates." Guess this means I'm waitlisted?

Was an e mail like this sent to those who got an acceptance letter? anyone?

nefarious said:
gbleeker: I thought you were already decided on Creighton? Weren't you the guy decidedly unhappy about KU's laptop requirement?

Yup I was, haha! I am 99.9 percent decided on Creighton. The only thing holding me back, is if I am accepted to KU, would be the financial aspect. $80,000 difference between the two schools makes me think over things for a period of time :)

I received the scholarship email thing too today, and it was addressed to alternates; so if this means I am on the alternate status this year as well, I'm dumbfounded. My application improved and my interview went great. Someone at KU doesn't like me :)

yahabiby1 said:
Was an e mail like this sent to those who got an acceptance letter? anyone?

I didnt get anything in the mail today, nor did i get an email about financial aid...is it over for me at KU?

I got the email, but I am waitlisted. It was interesting that they sent out the email and some people still haven't gotten their letters.

i would like to know is KU a pass/fail school??? just for future reference

gbleeker said:
Yup I was, haha! I am 99.9 percent decided on Creighton. The only thing holding me back, is if I am accepted to KU, would be the financial aspect. $80,000 difference between the two schools makes me think over things for a period of time :)

Ouch, definitely. I feel the same way about SLU and CCLCM.

I heard they did send financial aid emails to those who were accepted as well....

nefarious said:
Ouch, definitely. I feel the same way about SLU and CCLCM.

I still was happier with the whole Creighton process and the student / faculty impression that I had when I interviewed. Keep in mind I interviewed at both schools last year also (I had the previous year off).

I have been accepted at Creighton since early December, so I have been making plans to move, my fiance has been looking for jobs, and all is set on going to Creighton at the moment. But, if KU accepts me, I won't consider it a non-option because I am still a practical person, and if some some reason (won't happen though) KU offered me some kind of financial assistance, it would lessen my debt considerably. More than likely I won't be at KU (if accepted) but I haven't ruled it out yet.

GD did you get a financial aid e mail today from KU. I am just curious because I have not recieved a thing.

Thanks

Corollos

MedicineNutt said:
i would like to know is KU a pass/fail school??? just for future reference

Its not a pass/fail school. Or at least a 3rd year student I talked to today said he got A's and B's his first year.

noelleruckman said:
Its not a pass/fail school. Or at least a 3rd year student I talked to today said he got A's and B's his first year.

NOELLERUCKMAN i know you just got your letter recentley did you recieve the email about financial aid today?

HawkDoc said:
NOELLERUCKMAN i know you just got your letter recentley did you recieve the email about financial aid today?

yep. I'm the one yahabiby1 was talking about. It was in my junk email so I didn't see it at first. Someone mentioned a title including the word alternate - mine was worded differently. I don't have it in front of me because I'm at work. It basically listed information about scholarships.

rockchalkdoc said:
I got the email, but I am waitlisted. It was interesting that they sent out the email and some people still haven't gotten their letters.

I talked to admissions before the mail came in and they said all of the letters went out Tuesday. Maybe the reason some haven't recieved it is just an oddity with the mail.

noelleruckman said:
yep. I'm the one yahabiby1 was talking about. It was in my junk email so I didn't see it at first. Someone mentioned a title including the word alternate - mine was worded differently. I don't have it in front of me because I'm at work. It basically listed information about scholarships.

all right...i didnt get an email today...guess that means im done at ku