Kansas secondary: 255 characters?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm doing my Kansas secondary app, and the instructions for the "essay" part of the app say to limit responses to 255 characters. That's like three short sentences! Are we really supposed to fit our response into 255 chars, or did they mean 255 words? Ack!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is 255 characters. I beleive they indicate in their questions that your answers should be short. That and I remember talking to my friends about how easy the KU secondary
more specifically the essays.

Short and sweet, just the way I like it. Don't worry about those esays too much, I think they just use them to draw interview questions from them.

Cheers,
DALA

Yes, the 255 characters is correct. When one of my friends who applied here this year told me about it, I called the admissions office to confirm. When I went through the whole application mess (5 years ago), we had these huge essays for the supplemental app, so it was hard to believe. They simply don't have the time to go through them, though, so that's why they are supposed to be so short. I wouldn't worry about them too much, though, as they are mostly just things you can discuss more during your interview. Good luck--and let me know if there's anything I can help with.

--Brendan--
<"}}}}}><