Kansas State (KSU) c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Polocrosse2017

KSU C/O 2024
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current second year here. Starting this because I know some of you are out there! Good luck and feel free to ask anything you need to know!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck class of 2026! I am a first-year student at KSU. As Polocrosse2017 said, feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when/how we can see our casper quartile score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for starting this thread... KSU would be a dream come true for me (especially after visiting this summer). I'm OOS applying for the first time. Good luck ya'll!!

Does anyone know when/how we can see our casper quartile score?
I got an email from Altus suite saying my results were up! I found the score by going to my account, clicked on the "go to casper" link and then "view results".

1st time OOS applicant. I’ve been doing some research but wanted to confirm; interviews would be in person this cycle?

1st time OOS applicant. I’ve been doing some research but wanted to confirm; interviews would be in person this cycle?

I believe there will be an option for in person or virtual

Did you guys get the email this morning as well??

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
There was an email sent out yesterday asking for our preference for an in-person interview or virtual interview

There was an email sent out yesterday asking for our preference for an in-person interview or virtual interview
oh okay ... phew, I did get that! I got a little thrown off by the assumption that it didn't go to everyone and panicked. lol!! I hope to get invited and go there in person! KSU is still my first + dream school + only place I really want to go to... The wait has really got me anxious!!!

For all of the OOS applicants, for the potential interview invite, will you be putting a preference for an in-person interview or a Zoom interview and why? I feel like financially it makes more sense for me to do the interview over Zoom, but do you guys think that going in person is a better option?

Members don't see this ad :)
For all of the OOS applicants, for the potential interview invite, will you be putting a preference for an in-person interview or a Zoom interview and why? I feel like financially it makes more sense for me to do the interview over Zoom, but do you guys think that going in person is a better option?
personally, I think I'll make a better impression irl. While I do like that they're doing in-person interviews, I feel like there's no way a zoom interview can be comparable to an irl one so it feels like it could be a bit unfair. Everyone I've asked so far says if I can swing it, definitely go in person.

Don't forget that you'll also get a much better perspective of what each vet school has to offer if you attend interviews in person.

I have heard from several classmates and older students that coming in person was what sold them on attending K-State. The ambassadors and admissions staff work hard to make sure the two interview weekends both run smoothly and ensure that they give every applicant a true view of what KSU is like. My classmates did not get an in-person interview experience, but several of them came and toured on their own and that was one of the determining factors in why several of them chose KSU.

I do not think it would be fair for zoom applicants to be "penalized" for attending their interview online and not in-person. That would not be fair to the applicants who cannot afford to travel to several schools for interviews, have bad weather, or maybe a conflict or other unusual circumstances. However, I think that being in person is the better option as long as it is feasible for you. Pre-Covid, you pretty much always had to attend interviews in person. Now that online interviews are possible and schools feel comfortable using them, they are a great tool to utilize. But I do not think the online experience compares to what you would experience in person.

Has KSU already sent out their OOS interview invites? I know they said they would be sent sometime in November, but I'm wondering if I'm going to get one or if I've been rejected

Has KSU already sent out their OOS interview invites? I know they said they would be sent sometime in November, but I'm wondering if I'm going to get one or if I've been rejected
Im wondering the same- saw a post on the interview thread saying Kansas sent oos invites already 😭

Not that I’ve heard of. Typically they release rejections first then the interview invites a weekish after. This is just based off my independent research creeping around SDN. Last year rejections went out 11/14, invites went out 11/20.

Im wondering the same- saw a post on the interview thread saying Kansas sent oos invites already 😭
Oh wow! Maybe we’ll all be hearing back soon then.

EDIT: hmm seems like that poster is a secondary source and did not apply/get a response from KSU. On all the PreVet groups I am in, no one has heard back yet! Hoping we all get some good news soon :)

Oh wow! Maybe we’ll all be hearing back soon then.

EDIT: hmm seems like that poster is a secondary source and did not apply/get a response from KSU. On all the PreVet groups I am in, no one has heard back yet! Hoping we all get some good news soon :)
Puts me way more at ease! Thanks for the info!!!

Historically they seem to go out on Friday's (some on a Saturday but I think that is an odd case). My guess - and we haven't heard much - would be the end of this week or next week.

Historically they seem to go out on Friday's (some on a Saturday but I think that is an odd case). My guess - and we haven't heard much - would be the end of this week or next week.

Yes it’s usually the Friday of next week, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it were this coming Friday. I applied the last two cycles and one year was 11/15 and the next was 11/14. So then 11/12 would make sense.

Yes it’s usually the Friday of next week, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it were this coming Friday. I applied the last two cycles and one year was 11/15 and the next was 11/14. So then 11/12 would make sense.
So that's when you think they are likely to send out rejections or invites?

I guess nothing today :(
Me neither, but the day and month are still young. The supplemental application site says that they usually let people know about the middle of November. So it's possible that we won't hear for another week or so. Just keep hoping!

Last year we heard back November 20th. So maybe we will hear next week Friday?

Does anyone know how GPA's are calculated and if there is a cutoff for science GPA?

Does anyone know how GPA's are calculated and if there is a cutoff for science GPA?
This is on their admissions page.

“In order to be eligible for an interview and admission to the program, applicants must complete the required pre-requisite courses with a minimum of 2.800 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) at an accredited college or university, a KSU CVM science prerequisite minimum 2.800 grade point average and a minimum 2.800 grade point average in the last 45 semester hours of undergraduate college work”

so uhhh.... if we havent heard back yet we still have this friday possibly? I didnt get an email last friday and now I`m a lil worried :/

so uhhh.... if we havent heard back yet we still have this friday possibly? I didnt get an email last friday and now I`m a lil worried :/
Based on this thread it looks like no one has heard back yet and they're a little slower at processing apps this year so maybe this Friday! Don't be worried yet. I applied last year to a bunch of schools (not this one) and most I hadn't heard back until December or January.

ahh okay sorry I must have misread. I blame glare and being not the brightest and doing work outside.

So if I understand correctly, normally they send rejections first, then invites a week later, and nothing has been heard on both? So this friday is most likely going to be the first batch of emails (the rejections)?

Good luck all!

ahh okay sorry I must have misread. I blame glare and being not the brightest and doing work outside.

So if I understand correctly, normally they send rejections first, then invites a week later, and nothing has been heard on both? So this friday is most likely going to be the first batch of emails (the rejections)?

Good luck all!
i think they send them at the same time but could be wrong

Last edited:
I called the admissions office and they said they will for sure send out a decision by November. Anyone think we might hear back a decision tomorrow?

I called the admissions office and they said they will for sure send out a decision by November. Anyone think we might hear back a decision tomorrow?
If they follow last year's timeline, yes I think we will hear tomorrow.

What time of day did they send them out last year, do you know?
I recall reading a post saying someone received it at 2 pm EST last year but of course that’s not 100% solid

I recall reading a post saying someone received it at 2 pm EST last year but of course that’s not 100% solid

Yes both my cycles an email came early afternoon on what will be this Friday

Still waiting to hear back from KSU! No rejection/acceptance yet - I know they do interviews. Fingers crossed tomorrow is the answer!

oof right before a final I have, hopefuly it`s good news?

oof right before a final I have, hopefuly it`s good news?
Hopefully so!! But in all honesty, it might be a good idea to focus on your final and then check your email if getting bad news will negatively impact your mental state right before your final.

According to APVMA, they sent out some (not all) rejections on Wednesday! Hopefully we hear back in a few hours :)

Last edited:
I take it we're not hearing back today :confused:

I take it we're not hearing back today :confused:

I’m hoping for 5pm their time. If it’s not today I doubt they’ll send it Black Friday… so if it’s not today I have no idea when it’ll be

me rn after stalking previous cycles in order to calculate the most probable time and date

Attachments

• 6E090867-7073-464F-B545-46C6828A2916.jpeg
    6E090867-7073-464F-B545-46C6828A2916.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 71