kap qbank micro Qs... evil or just me ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peter90036

not out fishing
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are the kap qbank microbiology questions evil or what :confused:... they seem like they want you to get it wrong...
maybe just me...

Members don't see this ad.

I agree the kaplan micro were hard for me when i was preping, the real deal is much more straight foward and classical.

Kaplan Qbank micro approaches useless.

The real exam focuses MUCH more on the "big" bugs and their more well known features. In this regard, Kaplan can actually serve to distract you from these pertinent facts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a block of "random" kaplan questions that were roughly 50% micro of the most insane caliber a person could ever imagine, and 50% anatomy minutia. I never logged back into their website after that block, and I was only ~30% thru my step 1 prep.

ohhhhh yea,

i remember some ridiculous HACEK organism that i had never heard of...as i read thru the explanation, i thought to myself, who the heck will ever care that i kno this...and my answer is: no one (i really dont think NBME tests these crazy organisms, but who knows)...

too many nitty gritty's on kaplan qbank for me, and i am glad i didn't finish it and instead focused my energy on what i thought were better learning tools.