kap, tbr, tpr, aamc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

KK82

hey guys, I took the mcat TWICE!!!! 28 first time and 26 second time, so i need to take it again, but which prep company do you prefer?

did you think that aamc were representative of the real thing. i need to take another diagnostic for the august and have done the other prep company's test, so i thought i would use an aamc. but do you think that it is as hard as the real mcat. the aamc look shorter and the passages look more like number crunching than the real mcat.

Members don't see this ad.

I found the Kaplan to be a bit easier and the Berkeley Review to be slightly harder.

But, I did see that TBR was too wordy and that the actual passages on my MCAT to be quite short and to the point. Not full of lots of useless words and facts like I found in TBR.

TBR did really help me a lot though. I would do as many practice tests as possible regardless of their similarity to the actual thing.

For what its worth, one form from April's real MCAT had a question that was directly from AAMC 7, and another form had a question directly from AAMC 8.

I only took AAMC 7 and felt that it was similar to my actual MCAT. The AAMC verbal was probably closer to the real thing, and I feel that Kaplan's Physical Science was similar to the challenge I faced on test day.