Kapan course teacher review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rs76

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am in the middle of deciding if i should take the live course in Ny or just watch the videos. I know this has been asked many times but I couldnt find review on teachers. Can anyone comment on any of these teachers:

Conrad Fischer- Physiology
Kudrath- Physiology
David Seastone- Biochemistry
Reichenbecker- Genetics
Barbara Fadem- Behavioral
Wilson and White- Anatomy
Davis- Pharmacolgy
Ruebush- Immunology and Micorbiology
BArone--i know he is good already!

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I am in the middle of deciding if i should take the live course in Ny or just watch the videos. I know this has been asked many times but I couldnt find review on teachers. Can anyone comment on any of these teachers:

Conrad Fischer- Physiology
Kudrath- Physiology
David Seastone- Biochemistry
Reichenbecker- Genetics
Barbara Fadem- Behavioral
Wilson and White- Anatomy
Davis- Pharmacolgy
Ruebush- Immunology and Micorbiology
BArone--i know he is good already!

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Kudrath is awsome for Physio, White is amazing for anatomy, Ruebush is pretty good with immuno, and the incredible John H. (for High-yield) Barone is kaplan's answer to Goljan for path.

I also had Fischer for physio, he's a little over the top crazy and extravagant in his methods of teaching, but he gets the job done. I would prefer the class having Raymon for pharm, but Davis will do. The big 3 P's has some good instructors so I would really recommend you doing this. Many of the instructors, especially Barone, is totally different in live lectures as they are on the video. I remember watching Barone's lecture on video and thought that guy was the most corny guy I met.. until I see his corny side in class which really works.

And also, if you haven't been to NY before, it is an amazing experience. It's good to go out once in awhile because the class is pretty intensive. I recommend forming a study group while you're there to go over the material after class each day. It's hard to start reading by yourself after a 10 hour day.

hi.i have the same problem in deciding wether to join KMI in new jersy or take online one.my bro and his wife both are docs and they suggest me to take online one.first of all i dont live in NY and secondly if i join then i will spend a lot of time in course which will effect my self study.from my point of view its good just because i will interact their with students which will let me know my level of prepration and by discussion you improve a lot.you may also write me your view which will help me to take a decesion.thanks.

Kudrath is awsome for Physio, White is amazing for anatomy, Ruebush is pretty good with immuno, and the incredible John H. (for High-yield) Barone is kaplan's answer to Goljan for path.

I also had Fischer for physio, he's a little over the top crazy and extravagant in his methods of teaching, but he gets the job done. I would prefer the class having Raymon for pharm, but Davis will do. The big 3 P's has some good instructors so I would really recommend you doing this. Many of the instructors, especially Barone, is totally different in live lectures as they are on the video. I remember watching Barone's lecture on video and thought that guy was the most corny guy I met.. until I see his corny side in class which really works.

And also, if you haven't been to NY before, it is an amazing experience. It's good to go out once in awhile because the class is pretty intensive. I recommend forming a study group while you're there to go over the material after class each day. It's hard to start reading by yourself after a 10 hour day.

Does Dr. Barone teach different stuff in the live lectures then he does in the videos? Not the style, but does his content differ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Dr. Barone teach different stuff in the live lectures then he does in the videos? Not the style, but does his content differ?

I haven't watched his videos past 15 minutes. However, he does have plenty of "R-rated" mnemonics that I doubt they'll ever put on the videos.

I haven't watched his videos past 15 minutes. However, he does have plenty of "R-rated" mnemonics that I doubt they'll ever put on the videos.

How would you rate Goljan vs. Barone in live lectures? Is Barone enough for the step?

How would you rate Goljan vs. Barone in live lectures? Is Barone enough for the step?

From my friends who went to Falcon, Goljan was definately the highlight of the entire course (which is why they saved him for last). It's difficult to compare Barone vs Goljan because they each use different styles. But I suggest if you take Kaplan, why not just use Goljan's audio with it (listen to them before you take the class).

From my friends who went to Falcon, Goljan was definately the highlight of the entire course (which is why they saved him for last). It's difficult to compare Barone vs Goljan because they each use different styles. But I suggest if you take Kaplan, why not just use Goljan's audio with it (listen to them before you take the class).

What do your friends say, is the info that he goes through in his falcon lectures all (at least reasonably) in his books/tapes, or is there anything that they thought is significant that only comes as a benefit of the live course?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solarium (or anyone who knows), what do your friends who took Falcon recently say, is the info that Goljan goes through in his falcon lectures all (at least reasonably) in his books/tapes, or is there anything that they thought is significant that only comes as a benefit of the live course?

Thanks.
Bump. Thanks.

In the same vein has anyone taken Dr. Roger Lane for biochem? My school had him over last year assuming he's the same this year.