1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Kaplan 11R vs AAMC 7

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by bidster, Apr 10, 2004.

1. bidster

bidster Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Hey everyone....it being the last week before the MCAT, I was hoping to take it a bit easier and just work on my problem spots and take a last practice test--or two, which is what I need help deciding. I ask because I took Kaplan 10R today and it was HARDDDD (not to mention *laden*--over the usual standard--with typos, badly worded questions, and mismatched question-answer choices :mad: )....especially the physical sciences section. I don't know what they were thinking when they wrote that, but it wasn't cute and it wasn't the greatest confidence builder when I had just managed to stabilize my PS score between an 11-12.

That said, I do learn a lot from going over answers, and I had been planning to do that with Kaplan 11R on Tuesday as my last full-length. Now I'm not so sure I want to end like that if 11R is anywhere nearly as hard as 10R was. What do you guys think? Take 11R Tuesday and AAMC 7 on Thursday for confidence? Or just stick with 11R and use Thursday to study material. Any input is appreciated!!!!!!!! :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LUBDUBB

LUBDUBB Freakaholic
    10+ Year Member

Once you start with AAMC exams just go up until exam time with them. I would stick with aamc this close to the exam. forget about kaplan, you'll learn more from the other ones.

4. jtorres

jtorres Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i sit there and take aamc practice tests (ihave the 4 available) and i do average (8-9). then i take kaplan and i get 4s and 5s. it just shatters my confidence. i remember when i was a kid and used to box my corner man would not tell me how truly bad i was getting so not to ruin whatever confidence i had left and have a chance of pulling a win out. many times i did end up winning. i am taking the same approach here. i truly $uck, i dont wanna kon about it. whatever hope i have i want to keep. do youself a favor and stay away from kaplan for now.