1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Kaplan 11R vs AAMC 7

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by bidster, Apr 10, 2004.

1. bidster

bidster Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey everyone....it being the last week before the MCAT, I was hoping to take it a bit easier and just work on my problem spots and take a last practice test--or two, which is what I need help deciding. I ask because I took Kaplan 10R today and it was HARDDDD (not to mention *laden*--over the usual standard--with typos, badly worded questions, and mismatched question-answer choices :mad: )....especially the physical sciences section. I don't know what they were thinking when they wrote that, but it wasn't cute and it wasn't the greatest confidence builder when I had just managed to stabilize my PS score between an 11-12.

That said, I do learn a lot from going over answers, and I had been planning to do that with Kaplan 11R on Tuesday as my last full-length. Now I'm not so sure I want to end like that if 11R is anywhere nearly as hard as 10R was. What do you guys think? Take 11R Tuesday and AAMC 7 on Thursday for confidence? Or just stick with 11R and use Thursday to study material. Any input is appreciated!!!!!!!! :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LUBDUBB

LUBDUBB Freakaholic
    10+ Year Member

Once you start with AAMC exams just go up until exam time with them. I would stick with aamc this close to the exam. forget about kaplan, you'll learn more from the other ones.

4. jtorres

jtorres Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i sit there and take aamc practice tests (ihave the 4 available) and i do average (8-9). then i take kaplan and i get 4s and 5s. it just shatters my confidence. i remember when i was a kid and used to box my corner man would not tell me how truly bad i was getting so not to ruin whatever confidence i had left and have a chance of pulling a win out. many times i did end up winning. i am taking the same approach here. i truly $uck, i dont wanna kon about it. whatever hope i have i want to keep. do youself a favor and stay away from kaplan for now.