Kaplan 2003 Full-Length Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AHOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't really have the money or the time to take an actual Kaplan or Princeton Review course so a friend of mine gave me a ton of PDFs of old Kaplan practice tests from 2003. They are super long, 77 questions for PS and BS and 60 questions for verbal. They are also so difficult to do, so I am wondering if its even worth going through all of them. Has anyone taken these tests before? Do they help for the actual MCAT? Or am I just wasting my time..

Members don't see this ad.

Not really worth it.

Test has changed significantly since then. Not just in format but also in the material that is tested.

You don't need to spend the money for a course to get good practice materials. AAMC tests + a set of books (TPRH, TBR, etc.) are more than ample.

2003 marked a major change for the MCAT. If your material is from after the change, it should be somewhat consistent with the difficulty level of today's test. The passages will, however, be longer as you noticed because in 2007, the test was changed from 8 hours to 5 hours. Ultimately, I would not recommend using anything before 2007 as your primary source for practice tests. There are so many good up to date materials out there that would be more appropriate at predicting your performance on the current MCAT. These old materials are not useless though as they could serve as good supplements.