Kaplan 2015 Self Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artist27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take the MCAT in April and have the Kaplan box set and plan on using the Khan videos as well. Is there a detailed study schedule out there that uses primarily the Kaplan books? Unfortunately I don't have the money at the moment to invest in more than one book set, and haven't found any study schedules that use only Kaplan. Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning to take the MCAT in April and have the Kaplan box set and plan on using the Khan videos as well. Is there a detailed study schedule out there that uses primarily the Kaplan books? Unfortunately I don't have the money at the moment to invest in more than one book set, and haven't found any study schedules that use only Kaplan. Thanks for any help.
I had the Kaplan books and initially tried to set a schedule for myself. I noticed that the schedule caused me to read fast and comprehend less due to me trying to finish by the deadline for the day. I would suggest taking your time when it came to reading each chapter and take detailed notes of every page. I found it to be more helpful than simply highlighting. As your test day approaches you can read over your detailed notes and review the chapters faster that way. But I think my best pace was reading one or two chapters a day taking detailed notes, then doing practice passages, then ending the day watching Khan videos while taking detailed notes of them.

I had the Kaplan books and initially tried to set a schedule for myself. I noticed that the schedule caused me to read fast and comprehend less due to me trying to finish by the deadline for the day. I would suggest taking your time when it came to reading each chapter and take detailed notes of every page. I found it to be more helpful than simply highlighting. As your test day approaches you can read over your detailed notes and review the chapters faster that way. But I think my best pace was reading one or two chapters a day taking detailed notes, then doing practice passages, then ending the day watching Khan videos while taking detailed notes of them.
Hey! I plan to do essentially the same thing you did when I begin preparing for my 2017 MCAT. If you don't mind me asking, did you get the score you wanted using this strategy? Also, what books did you use for practice passages given that there are no passages in the Kaplan box set? Thanks in advance!