Kaplan 2015 vs Kaplan 2018-2019 7 book review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hkdude97

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if there are any differences between the Kaplan books from 2015 versus the 2018-2019 7 book set for review?

also, does kaplan have any weaknesses for which i should refer to other book sets for?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I have both the 2015 and the 2018 version and apart from a slight wording here and there both are essentially the same. In all honesty, I would use the 2015 and not spend money on the 2018 book. I would only recommend you buy the 2018 book if you also want to take the 3 free practice test that comes with it.

Hope that helps!

-Sunshine

Reactions: 1 user
The 2015 book set is just fine, if you don't mind PDF and don't want to spend the money then you definitely don't have to. The content doesn't change between editions just mostly wording and arrangement. I don't recall Kaplan having much weaknesses in the content review area I used kaplan and liked their books, there will be people who tell you otherwise. If you have a decent background in the subjects then Kaplan is good. I never used the CARS book except for the passages found in there, studying CARS for me was doing 3 timed passages every single day until I became proficient at it. Make sure to do lots of practice questions this is especially important for CARS.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually I have both the 2015 and the 2018 version and apart from a slight wording here and there both are essentially the same. In all honesty, I would use the 2015 and not spend money on the 2018 book. I would only recommend you buy the 2018 book if you also want to take the 3 free practice test that comes with it.

Hope that helps!

-Sunshine
would you say even the content material is the same?

The 2015 book set is just fine, if you don't mind PDF and don't want to spend the money then you definitely don't have to. The content doesn't change between editions just mostly wording and arrangement. I don't recall Kaplan having much weaknesses in the content review area I used kaplan and liked their books, there will be people who tell you otherwise. If you have a decent background in the subjects then Kaplan is good. I never used the CARS book except for the passages found in there, studying CARS for me was doing 3 timed passages every single day until I became proficient at it. Make sure to do lots of practice questions this is especially important for CARS.
thank you very much! I already bought the 2018 version but might just return it since there's basically no difference